Midday Palate Cleanser

Look-out Milwaukie*, the jerks are coming for you!

*corrected, and thank you.

This entry was posted in Birds Are Jerks, Palate Cleansers, snark. Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Midday Palate Cleanser

1. Steve-O says:

I believe the quote from Col. Kurtz at the end of Apocalypse Now is appropriate….
    “the horror… the horror….”

• E.A. Blair says:

Actually, that’s from Heart Of Darkness by Joseph Conrad, on which the movie was based.

• vonBeavis says:

I wrote a paper in grad school on “Heart of Darkness,” comparing my ’77 MGB to Marlow’s steamboat because it was always breaking down. I must’ve replace ever Lucas, Prince of Darkness electrical component in the engine, including one time when I used chewing gum and a penny when a fuse blew. “African Queen” with Humphrey Bogart is closer “Heart” than “Apocalypse Now” was.

But the geese using the bridge when they have wings … Guess some species will follow anyone.

• The insulation of Lucas wiring was specially formulated to be delicious to rodents. I lost a Lucas wiring harness to an cadre of squirrels living under my employer’s parking lot.

2. Hey I don’t know, they’re walking in the right direction and behaving pretty chill for canadian murder geese.

• FELINE MAMA says:

TG would say, “Yea, these geeses are all plotting to get together to attack that human on a bike!”

• beckymaenot says:

OMG- Canadian Murder Geese. Hillllaaaarrrrriiiioooouuussss. Do they say “sorry” after ripping your heart out or just plain old “excuse me”.

3. Jimmy T says:

I may have told this one before, but what do you call a goose who’s confused about his/her sexuality?
    Well trans-gander of course…

4. Ten Bears says:

Haven’t been to Bend, have you …

5. if they wipe out the e-scooter riders, it might be a net good…

6. Elarciel says:

Milwaukie. The one spelled “ee” is somewhere the other side of the Rockies. Sorry, but misspellings make me itch.

Makes me itch, too, which is why I looked it up, copied and pasted it, and did not anticipate that WordPress (or safari, not sure which) “corrected” it for me.

• E.A. Blair says:

I’m in the two-e Milwaukee¹. We have a statue to Gertie the Duck, who raised a brood of ducklings on a piling under the busiest bridge in the city in 1945. I heard the story when I was a kid, and there was a commemorative plaque on the bridge. When the bridge was replaced, the plaque was also replaced with a 4-ft statue.

¹I was wondering what geese in Portland had to do with a city on Lake Michigan. I have a cousin who lives in Milwaukie, but have never met him.

[Tengrain was here!]