Truth As Strange As Fiction (The Stupid Coup, Part Infinity)

H/T Scissorhead Skinny-D

Guys, this has long been our favorite image to use when blogging about The Stupid Coup, so imagine our surprise to learn that…

FBI Seized Lego Set From D.C. Riot Leader

JULY 6–Along with a notebook containing step-by-step instructions on how to create a “hometown militia,” FBI agents seized a “fully constructed U.S. Capitol Lego set” from the Pennsylvania man indicted last month for his alleged leadership role in the January 6 insurrection, according to court records.

I’ve never had a Lego set, so I don’t really know anything about their attention to detail, but some of the rioters clearly had some knowledge of the building —maybe from taking the Boebert guided tour? But what if they had a 3-D map, as it were, memorized?

Meanwhile, Tiger Beat on the Potomac (thanks Charlie!) email thingie has some numbers for us:

LAW & ORDER — On the six month-mark of the Jan. 6 insurrection at the Capitol, Buzzfeed has tracked down exactly where those prosecutions stand so far https://bit.ly/3jQQY8X. The highlights:

— At least 535 people have been arrested and 70 jailed, as well as 13 plea deals and one person sentenced.

— Of those arrested, roughly 289 were charged with at least one felony count, 165 people were charged with assaulting or interfering with police, and 60 people charged with a weapons-related offense.

Some tourists got into trouble.

This entry was posted in The Coup Klux Klan (Republicans), The Stupid Coup. Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Truth As Strange As Fiction (The Stupid Coup, Part Infinity)

1. RWW says:

Is there a Lego set for Leavenworth Prison?

2. Jimmy T says:

Trump is always front and center in GQP assholery…

3. Big Bad Bald Bastard says:

We’ve got to get you some Legos, old chum!

4. revzafod says:

” At least 535 people have been arrested …”

OK that accounts for the entire House and Senate, but what about the ones who broke in from outside?

5. ali redford says:

OK, I have things to say. First would be, that LEGOs are a parental investment in brain growth and STEAM education. I’ll stop there on that, and go on to: the person who put this LEGO set together has a very big brain, and plenty of time to use it (their brain.) They should be thoroughly examined by law enforcement, because they are crazy like a fox. I can expound if need be, and will be happy to, but I’m a verbose parent of a gifted child-now-adult, and a STEAM tutor before COVID ended the program where I worked.

• Jimmy T says:

I feel so deprived. All I had besides walking uphill both ways to school through the snow was a Lincoln Log set, and a bunch of plastic green soldiers. But I had a lot of fun, although not so much during school hours…

• revzafod says:

As a bonus at ages 7 to 9, I got to lug my old man’s baritone horn in a case [about 14 lbs], that he played in college, about a quarter mile to and from the bus stop several times a week to be in the school band. Then a 13-mile trip to the sole elementary school in Alexandria, VA, at the time. Lee-Jackson Elementary, which tells you a lot about the school; one school had to carry both names.

• ali redford says:

⭐I’m so sorry!😉 I played with Lincoln Logs, too, and we walked to school, with this cool street that had hills on either side of a giant intersection, so we did that, too, though we’d get to go downhill on one or the other, both trips. The giant intersection used to flood when we had Spring rains-it was awesome! I’d add that I believe that Lincoln Logs are like the precursor to LEGOs. When we had inside days at Latchkey and the LEGOs were taken, the Logs were second choice. Both are fun, and great for brain development!

And the first words out of the perps mouth were, “Do I get my U.S. Capitol Lego set back?”