Toyota’s Branding Is Taking a Hit

Toyota’s financial endorsement of Republicans who are supporting The Big Lie is Going Places…

Toyota has stepped in it and are dragging it through their own shouse.

As we’ve noted before, Toyota Motor of America is a holding company in the US with facilities mostly in anti-union Red States with right to work laws. That they would support the Big Lie is not a surprise.

I wonder if the head office in Tokyo is listening? Toyota spent billions of dollars and decades creating a brand, and then some yahoo in Possum Hollar destroys the brand in their largest market with a $5K Amero political donation. Yeah, I bet they are listening.

This entry was posted in The Coup Klux Klan (Republicans), The Stupid Coup. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Toyota’s Branding Is Taking a Hit

1. Big Bad bald Bastard says:

They want to expand their market for armed fanatics’ war machines to the US.

This is what happens when you cater to just 26% of consumers. Looks like those tax break incentives turned out to be risky business after all.

3. TheOtherHank says:

I like Toyotas and am actually in the market for a new car. Oh well…
    Fuck ’em.

4. Stony Pillow says:

Hey Toyota – you asked for it, you got it.

5. Mdub says:

So this really makes me sad. Toyota vehicles are the only one’s we have had for decades in our family. Called Toyota USA today and let them know that. My 4runner was due to be replaced this year. Hmm

6. revzafod says:

I’ve driven nothing but Datsun/Nissan’s since 26 Jan 72 when I picked up my 240Z.
    Bought a used 83 Nissan pickup in 88.
    Bought a new 97 Nissan SE pickup and sold the 83 soon after.
    Got a new first-delivered-from-dealer 09 Nissan GT-R 29 August 08 and sold the 240Z soon after.
    I still have the last two.

But I did wear a Toyota t-shirt a few years ago when they had the sticking gas pedal problem.
    It read: Once You Drive A Toyota, You’ll Never Stop.”