You Can’t Handle The Truth, Part Infinity

Seething Rage.
(image courtesy Scissorhead MonkeyFister)

The new Hair Füror book details are leaking all Axios:

Seated in the Situation Room with [Attorney General Bill] Barr, Milley, and [Secretary of Defense Mark] Esper, Trump exaggerated claims about the violence and alarmed officials … by announcing he’d just put Milley “in charge.”

Privately, Milley confronted Trump about his role. He was an adviser, and not in command. But Trump had had enough.

“I said you’re in f—ing charge!” Trump shouted at him.

“Well, I’m not in charge!” Milley yelled back.

“You can’t f—ing talk to me like that!” Trump said. …

“Goddamnit,” Milley said to others. “There’s a room full of lawyers here. Will someone inform him of my legal responsibilities?”

“He’s right, Mr. President,” Barr said. “The general is right.”

OK, as regular readers know, I’m terrible at cursing. I never know where to insert the eff’ing f-word. That said, it doesn’t scan right how Hair Füror is placing it. Shouldn’t it be “you’re eff’ing in charge,” not “you’re in eff’ing charge?” I’m so confused about the rules here!

OK, so Michael Bender’s prose in, “Frankly, We Did Win This Election” reads like a first draft of  A Few Good Men’s courtroom scene, so let’s see him back it up:

Asked for a response, Trump told Jonathan Swan through an aide: “This is totally fake news, it never ever happened. I’m not a fan of Gen. Milley, but I never had an argument with him and the whole thing is false. He never talked back to me. Michael Bender never asked me about it and it’s totally fake news.”

• Trump later added: “If Gen. Milley had yelled at me, I would have fired him.”

[Ed. Note: this is not from Axios. — TG]

[Ed. Note: Please continue, sorry for the interruption. — TG]

Bender then told Swan: “This exchange was confirmed by multiple senior administration officials during the course of hundreds of hours of interviews with dozens of top Trump World aides for this book.”

• “Contrary to Mr. Trump’s assertion, I asked the former president for his side of this particular argument in a written question — as he requested — along with other queries included in my thorough fact-checking process. He did not reply.”

A spokesman for Milley declined to comment.

But Lord Damp Nut can never leave anything alone:

P.S. At Trump’s Ohio rally on Saturday night, he attacked Milley without naming him: “You see these generals lately on television? They are woke.”

We also must remind everyone that Republicans are now head-hunting Milley because of what he said about Critical Race Theory, hence the “woke” comment.

This entry was posted in snark. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to You Can’t Handle The Truth, Part Infinity

1. osirisopto says:

This form for use of expletives in this context tells me TFG was pissing his pants and doing everything he could to shift responsibility for the actions he wanted to be taken rather than assign authority to execute his orders.

So when TFG once famously said “I don’t take responsibility for anything.” he was speaking the truth.

2. w3ski4me says:

“He was woke.” “Woke is a term that refers to awareness of issues that concern social justice and racial justice. It is sometimes used in the African-American Vernacular English expression stay woke. Wikipedia.”
    OK, so what is wrong with that? That’s like calling me a liberal. Well yes, I am. Thank you very much for seeing that.
    Woke versus sleeping at the switchboard? I’m not sure what to compare that to.
    The rethugs as usual need to work on their message a bit more.
    Woke, is a good thing.
    w3ski

• R White says:

Rest assured that frank luntz currently has his flunkies burning the midnight oil combing through TikTok to find the right vernacular.

3. MDavis says:

Tengrain, the cursing thing – it’s emphasis and volume.
    Note – not sure if it is really worth the effort to learn the cussin’, but I do have a take on it.
    Putting the F-word in front of or behind a complete phrase such as “in charge” is simple emphasis and, in this case it would claiming author-i-tah. If this was cats, think puffy tail.
    Putting the F-word in the middle of the phrase is emotional amplification, such as “in effin charge” . If this was cats, think sideways, back arched, hair up, and hissing.
    The next step would be like that Steve Martin scene at the rental car counter indicating incandescent righteous rage. (F -effity -F) Cats – The sideways arch thing plus growling, hissing, spitting – IOW, a lot of noise. This one probably leads to fisticuffs. (claw-ticuffs?)
    The next step up shoots right trough rage and into gob-smacked. It’s the f-word in the middle of a word, such as “un-Effin-believable” Cat example – cat walking up to someone and just smacking it.
    This is 17 years with exposure to Christmas-Story-furnace-fighting-level-of-cussing talking, here.
    There is one more step.

• MDavis says:

*Ignore “There is one more step.” That’s the middle-of-the-word thing

• Truly a fucking master-fucking-class on the use of fucking fuck!

Thank you MDavis! Are you certain that you’re not a long lost descendant of the unbelievably well-monickered Al Swearingen?

(note: one of my favorite blog posts of all time, aside from the Kung Fu Monkey 28% one. comes from Lawyers Guns and Money by the inestimable and much missed SEK:

Sadly the comments are no more after one or more blogmigrations, but in the original, Jim Beaver himself showed up in the comments to mention that he’d learned stuff from it.)

• MDavis says:

Thanks, Bruce, that is indeed high (er, low? oh, well. ) praise.
        I followed that link and it is quite the analysis. No wonder I can’t write dialog. There is more to it than I had imagined. The cadence, the emphases, the music of it are all part of it – and that was awesome.
        A couple of things, here – well, three.
        .The cat imagery helps. If any domestic animal can give us examples that people recognize for cussing, it’s cats. (If I was going for joy, I would probably use dogs.)
        .While composing this, I kept thinking of that bus scene in The Search For Spock, where Kirk tells Spock to just quit trying to swear, he doesn’t have the knack for it.
        .I was serious about learning this stuff at home. There is an actual personal reason that I can’t watch (listen to) either Bill O’Reilly or TFG. They give me, no joke, PTSD flashbacks. I’m glad I figured that out so I can just avoid them. It saves a lot of emotional energy.
        As for Al Swearingen, If my google is correct – no. I wouldn’t put it past dear old dad to have some kind of involvement (not for long though – he didn’t have the discipline for that sort of thing), but not mom, probably not grand-dad, and no relatives from that part of the geography.

So… what you’re saying is that I need to watch Deadwood?