News That Will Drive You To Drink

Happy Hour News

Hair Füror on the balcony

This shouldn’t surprise anyone, but it did shock me:

Nearly 900 Secret Service employees got COVID

Nearly 900 Secret Service employees tested positive for COVID-19 between March 1, 2020 and March 9, 2021, according to government records obtained by CREW. The vast majority served in protection jobs, either as Special Agents or in the Uniformed Division.

The records obtained by CREW show that in the first year of the pandemic, 881 active Secret Service employees were diagnosed with COVID. The list consists of 477 Special Agents, 249 members of the Uniformed Division, 131 working in Administrative, Professional, Technical Positions, 12 Investigative Protection Officers and 12 Technical Security Investigators. The records, obtained under the Freedom of Information Act, do not include the names or assignments of those who tested positive.

“Special Agents” are the ones who protect the President, so more than half of all the cases of the Trump-Virus in the Secret Service were those guys who had to be with him, no matter what. What are the odds, right?

In related news,

“Covid-19 transmission is accelerating in several poorly vaccinated states, primarily in the South plus Missouri and Utah, and more young people are turning up at hospitals. The data present the clearest sign of a rebound in the U.S. in months.

“In Missouri, Arkansas and Utah, the seven-day average of hospital admissions with confirmed Covid-19 has increased more than 30% in the past two weeks.”

Well-done, Flat Earthers.

This entry was posted in Contact Tracing, Distancing, Lord Damp Nut, The Russian Usurper, masks, Pandemics, Shut Yo Mouth Fools, Wash Yo Hands Fools. Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to News That Will Drive You To Drink

1. Jimmy T says:

Fairly certain none of them got the same level of care given to TFG. Is there any word on casualties?

Specifically, that would be the SE Missouri area that contains Cape Girardeau. Home of Rush Limpdick.

3. My county has flatlined. A Republiscum in Phoenix has attached a rider to the budget (which the Dems in the House walked out to deny a quorum) that would make it illegal for any business or state agency to even ask about vaccination status.

Asking for a friend: At what point can we start claiming self-defense?

• Weird Dave says:

One of those serious questions I have: All those folks without masks, are they really vaccinated?

• beckymaenot says:

Well at this point- if they aren’t vaxxed, it’s on them. There is nothing we can do about it.

Assholes gonna asshole- so, pardon me for taking off my mask when nobody else is wearing them. Seriously- I’m fully vaxxed, so is my family. (Even the dumbass trumper my daughter married. His company help a vaccine day- invited all the employees and family- and then said “get the vaccine or find another job.” He pitched a bitch about it- but, in the end- got his vaccine and so did my high risk daughter.) sigh of relief.

• Honestly I assume anyone without a mask is an unvaccinated maskhole.

I wear masks when shopping, still. I can go maskless at work because we’re not all assholes and The U has been offering vaccines to every employee since February.

• MDavis says:

No. I assume they have not been vaccinated. In our area, the mask rules the governor pushed for and approved were regularly flouted before there was even a vaccine. The first COVID death in our county was removed from COVID deaths a few weeks after he died. And people are spreading rumors that the vaccine kills people.
        So, no. I assume they have not been vaccinated. It’s like dealing with any other potentially toxic substance. Treat it as though it is dangerous because it might be. If you assume it is safe it will eventually bite you in the ass.

4. glitterbug says:

Just got back from the supermarket in the bosom of South Jersey Philly suburbia and roughly 2/3 were wearing masks. Me included, and I’m double vaxxed since April.

Vaccines seem to be somewhat less effective against this Delta Variant so I’m not taking any unnecessary chances.

I worked 30 years in chemical labs. Wearing a mask is no big deal 🙂

I wear safety glasses too in case some goober coughs in my face

5. w3ski4me says:

We could have had this thing beat already. But No. A bunch of ignorant people with attitudes are refusing to do anything to make it go away. Mainly in the south as expected, but Utah too?
    I hate stupid people. I really do.
    Alright so it’s the quasi-religious and the stupids, but still.
    We could be free of this virus if “we” weren’t so stupid.
    So sad and so wrong.
    w3ski

6. Pingback: Popular Biden, Vaccines, Rudy Dissed, Secret Infected Service, Crush SNL, CRT – FairAndUNbalanced.com