Midday Palate Cleanser

Cutetropolis via Scissorhead Purplehead (click image to visit Cutetropolis, it’s always a respite from our terrible politics)

“Hoomin, have a Tic-Tac first!”

This entry was posted in dogs, Palate Cleansers. Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Midday Palate Cleanser

1. Jimmy T says:

Nice offer, but I know where those tongues have been…

• pagan in repose says:

No, you really don’t. What about all those times when they are left alone to do their business out in the wild. We adopted a dog named Sally and when we let her out to do her business she would find a way out of the yard and be gone for 2 or 3 days before returning for some R&R. She came home with lots of strange stuff stuck to her fur, and occasionally some mysterious smells about her personage/dogonage.

2. Martin Pollard says:

Awwwww, how cute. Pibbles are so misunderstood. We have one, a rescue named Lulu, and even though she’s got anxiety issues from past trauma, she’s a total mush muffin. She also tends to sneak past us and get loose, and loves to roam the neighborhood. One neighbor is a real douche canoe about her (“vicious pit bull oh noes!!!!”) because she barks whenever she approaches someone, but everyone else is cool with her (she really is a harmless sweetheart). In fact, the last time she got out, she made it to the next street over and was playing with a toy poodle named Thor (irony!), whose owner was real cool about it. Some people are just jerks.

• ali redford says:

Exactly! About 4 years ago, our shelter had a huge-but-adorable pibble who they named Seven when she first came. But once she got to know us, she’d bark in greeting, too, and it was for all the world the word “Aurora.” She went to a pibble rescue in Missouri, where more people were interested in pitties looks regardless. I bless all the pibble rescuers!

• artahzen says:

You must rmemeber that some people have dogs that are very reactive to other dogs, like my R

• artahzen says:

continued: my Razzle is. She does not like other dogs at all and would be dangerous to one, even perhaps a pit bull. I would hate to see any dog hurt. We keep Razzle away from other dogs in a very large park, short leashed when any are close, but loose dogs pose a real threat to us. They may be friendly or not, but it makes no difference. We often have to verbally repel people who innocently let their dog run up on her. That said, I love pits and suspect that Razzle may have pit mixed in with her Aussie Cattle Dog.

3. beckymaenot says:

I love all those pittiegrins!

4. Steve-O says:

Well, shit. I got twenty bucks I could spend in worse ways….

5. Dennis Cole says:

Gimme a great big slobbery one, why doncha?!

• beckymaenot says:

Hey DC- good to see you still on this side of the equation. 🙂

• Dennis Cole says:

Yeah, the Drs. and nurses keep insisting I take large quantities of rally strong pain relievers, like Fentanyl and morphine and Oxycodone, and at levels where I can just barely funcion. but hey- it’s a life. I tend to sleep a lot, sometimes as much as 20 hours a day, but when I’m asleep, there is no pain. Even lying in bed is a tremendous relief, as I’m off my feet.
        That’s the big problem – weight-bearing, when I’m walking, or even just standing; it goes beyond the “pins & needles” stage, up to excruciating pain, like my lower legs and feet are on fire. So then, it’s pop a pill, and go back to bed.

6. Mary Ellen Sandahl says:

Yes! That goes for me, too! Mwah! (Never mind those poncey French-chef things)