The Night The Lights Went Out In Texas

As you may have heard, Texas’ electric grid had some problems with demand last winter when it was cold and failed (and some number of people died). This week, the still-unregulated  Electric Reliability Council of Texas is having problems keeping up with demand when it is hot. It’s true! (We hope no one dies.)

Texas (America’s Lab for Bad Policy) is asking people to not use electricity during a massive heat wave: no A/C, no lights, no cooking. FREEDUMB!!1! And this is what Ayn Rand worship has wrought. It’s Libertarian Paradise, and I’m sure electricity-centric technology companies relocating to Texas are congratulating themselves on that genius, tax-saving move.

Texas, we love you, and we hope you elect better people who might try to make life better for you than for corporations. I hear that there’s an election coming up.

In the meanwhile…

Oddly, Ted Cruz is not heading for Cancun (as one does), he’s, well…

…and we had to remind him:

…and then Gov. Abbott appeared on ThumbHead’s show:

…and we’ll conclude with comic Blaire Erskine with one of her better one-woman skits:

This entry was posted in Ayatollah Ted Cruz, Crazeee States, Texas, America's Lab for Bad Policy. Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to The Night The Lights Went Out In Texas

1. Yeah, this’ll kill more people than the storm did. They’re steadily turning TexASS into that Libertarian Paradise…Somalia. No effective laws, weak government, awash in guns.

Any commercial shipping in the Caribbean should be wary, I’m guessing some bright souls will rediscover piracy…gotta do something with the trmp boat flotillas!

Stop Start The Steal!!

• pagan in repose says:

Texass has been threatening to secede from the union for a while, Now that the idea of them becoming Somalia as you suggested, they need to hurry up with their threat to secede.

Maybe Texas can start a Go Fund Me account.

2. Martin Pollard says:

No stove, no lights, no cold A/C
    Not a single luxury
    Like Robinson Caruso
    It’s primitive as can be

The forecast for Dallas today is 99.

• Plus 50% humidity. I mean it’s gonna be 109 here in Baja Arizona but it’s just 3%…meaning shade and lotsa water will keep you cool-ish.

This was the jerk scene outside my home office window the other day. There was constant squabbling over who got to sit closest to the cool air going out the window 🙂

4. beckymaenot says:

Seriously- do you think that all of those “Me First” assholes who vote GQP, you know, the ones that couldn’t be bothered to simply wear a mask in public are going to VOLUNTARILY shut off their AC when it’s a gazillion degrees out? Good luck with that.

• revzafod says:

I’m not a GQper. Even tho I was fully Pfizered in March I still wear a mask in stores. But I’m 80 and here in my NW Dallas suburb at 1530, it’s 96F 50% RH, and Heat Index is 108, and I’m not about to turn off my A/C.

5. “Me First”?? More like “Me Only!” amirite?

6. Ten Bears says:

My Proud Deplorable mother has already posted a f*ck that post.

7. Bruce388 says:

Old tourism ad: “Texas. It’s like a whole other country.” No argument there.

8. Meremark says:

It’s less in Texas.

(Whatever your value it’s less in Texas.)