‘Oops,’ Said Faceberg

Besides being blasted into space, what do our billionaire overlords do for fun, you ask? The King of the Dorks is readying hisself for the eventual uprising of the serfs, methinks:

I have never thrown a spear (full disclosure: I did once throw my brother’s javelin, and the less said about that, the better), but I’m guessing that people who know what they are doing probably can comment on his form better than I can, but seriously: what a dork.

This entry was posted in Billionaire Bastards, Facebook or Faceberg. Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to ‘Oops,’ Said Faceberg

1. antiscience says:

Isn’t there some Olympic event based on this idea? Uh … uh … uh … what’s it called? On the tip of my tongue …. “javelin”. There it is!

Geez, the guy’s a gazillionaire. Youi’d think he could get the world’s best javelin coach to come give him lessons, and pay with doggie-bed-cushion lint.

2. You don’t throw spears. Javelins, yes, spears no.

This is why the OG Olympic event is the javelin throw, not the spear throw.

Spears are the long stout pointy things you use to keep the guys with the short stout pointy things (swords) at a safe distance from you, while the other guys alongside you, with the long ax-y things try to chop them in the head…

(I may have dabbled a bit in the SCA back in the day 😎

The older brother of one of my friends was in SCA in Santa Cruz. We went to one of their events and outside of the Renaissance Fairs of old, I’ve never seen such a collection of, uh, enthusiastic (non-tech) nerds. Of course, many of them became techies, but that’s besides the point. I recall one nerd explaining to another nerd that the chain mail was all wrong because (however it was done and I don’t recall), it wouldn’t be invented for another century. The second nerd was shamed and removed it.

3. purplehead says:

If Faceberg is so damned smart—or at least as smart as our palaeo forebears—, why isn’t he using an atlatl? Punk-ass twit.

4. Ten Bears says:

Am reminded of a scene from an Indiana Jones movies: the pistol wins.

Right!? 🎶 I’ve got the pistol so I’ll keep the pesos ~ that sound right?

5. Sirius Lunacy says:

My first thought was: how many takes before he actually hit the target?
    My second thought was: how far was that throw, maybe 20 whole feet.

As BDR pointed out, he’d be better off holding on to it. The serfs are going to easily sidestep a throw like that and will be upon him before he can grab that second spear. I’d say his best defense at this point would be to start pushing for higher wages for the serfs until all the serfs are making a comfortable living.

6. beckymaenot says:

I don’t care how bad-ass the soundtrack is- doesn’t change the fact that he looks like a major fucking dork and that’s all I have to say about that.

7. Big Bad Bald Bastard says:

He’s gearing up to fight the QAnon Shaman.

8. dixiechiken says:

Are spears loud? What’s up with the earmuffs?

9. GranDude says:

A busker that only plays one song and plays it well.

10. Meremark says:

It is surprising Bezos trusts the safety of his space craft. Yeah, there is no rocket blastoff but reentry is reentry.

11. Bruce388 says:

Maybe Zuck is left-handed.