(UPDATED) Where Are They Now?

(H/T Scissorhead D-Cap)

Hey guys, remember this person? You know, the one trying to make a buck by making a joke about the Holocaust, and echoing the offensive comments of Rep. 3-Names? What’s going on with her now, I wonder?

Oh, you know, shamed, shunned, and her business pretty much destroyed by her own stupidity and hubris. Let’s explore!

First she tried to double-down…

…and argue moar with her critics…

And then the good citizens of Nashville showed up:

Protestors surround Nashville hat store following controversial Instagram post

And then Stetson Hats cancelled their contract with her:

And then another popular hat maker followed suit:

…and then she apologized, kinda?

It took two corporations cancelling their contracts with her before she grasped (kinda?) what she had done.

I personally put this into the non-apology apology bucket; but before she gets on Fox News to rage-on about how she was Cancel Culture’d,  let’s remember our thesis: there is no Cancel Culture, there are only consequences. You can say any damn stupid thing you want, but you must be prepared for what follows.

UPDATE 1: She comes by it, uh, honestly?

(H/T Scissorheads D-Cap, Fran, BDR, Baron vonBeavis… it takes a village sometimes.)

This entry was posted in Anti-Semitism, Apologies, The Coup Klux Klan (Republicans), The Stupid Coup. Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to (UPDATED) Where Are They Now?

1. I do not think she meant no harm. She meant harm for certain. And I do not believe that she is sorry. Only sorry that her assholery has backfired. When you are a hat shop in the South that does not sell Stetsons… well, just sayin’. Idiot, anti-Semitic, rightwing, monstrous idiot.

2. David Englund says:

Can you use something beside Instagram all I get is a blank box.

I can see it, but I also authored it.

If you click on the blanks it will take you to Instagram to see it.
      (Faceberg’s rules, not mine, and he wants his clicks.)

• MDavis says:

I got that, but had better luck right-clicking on the link and choosing “open new window” When I just clicked on it, I got a page wanting my log-in.

3. sos says:

When she ultimately monetizes her stigmata (fox) she will probably end up making more than her stupid HATWRKS store. sigh

4. She meant every word of her smug little stunt. I’m sure she envisioned wailing libtards bowing before her superior logic.

Since apparently, no “conservative” can ever understand something unless it happens to them, I wish there was some way to make these people feel just for an hour what it was really like to to be rounded up at gunpoint, stripped of your possessions and forced onto cattle cars for the camps…

Ok, ok, maybe 30 seconds in the showers.

5. mr perfect says:

BDR: What would be appropriate is if she somehow received an all expenses paid trip to Birkenau where she could display her newly minted yellow star to all those carrying around Israeli flags on site. I’d financially contribute to that. Poland might not be happy about the influx of plague rats, however.

6. MDavis says:

I personally put this into the non-apology apology bucket; but before she gets on Fox News to rage-on about how she was Cancel Culture’d, let’s remember our thesis: there is no Cancel Culture, there are only consequences. You can say any damn stupid thing you want, but you must be prepared for what follows.

My hubby isn’t much for saluting, but I read this to him and he told me “I salute that guy!” Nicely said.

7. diane says:

I think the FBI would be interested in that photo.

8. angry spittle says:

I guess she will be limited to only selling tinfoil hats and MAGA hats eh?