Gaetz Takes Aim At Cancel Culture

H/T Scissorhead Dennis Cole

Guys there was a little more context around the Matt Gaetz quote earlier in the week, you know, where he said that “We have a Second Amendment in this country, and I think we have an obligation to use it”

The full Monty, er, Gaetz quote:

“The internet’s hall monitors out in Silicon Valley, they think they can suppress us, discourage us. Maybe if you’re just a little less patriotic, maybe if you just conform to their way of thinking a little more, then you will be allowed to participate in the digital world?

“Well, you know what? Silicon Valley can’t cancel this movement, or this rally, or this congressman.”

He then added separately: ” We have a Second Amendment in this country, and I think we have an obligation to use it. The Second Amendment—this is a little history for all the fake news media—the Second Amendment is not about hunting, it’s not about recreation, it’s not about sports.

“The Second Amendment is about maintaining, within the citizenry, the ability to maintain an armed rebellion against the government, if that becomes necessary.

We note that Gaetz suggested shooting Silicon Valley execs the day after a mass shooting in Silicon Valley. And of course, assassinating people you disagree with is sort of the ultimate in Cancel Culture.

You see, he thinks that social media suppresses conservative voices like how conservatives suppress common lowly and squat voters:

Kinda proves his point, huh? That bastid I Love My Cat prolly knocked out of contention another towering tweet from Ben Shapiro ! The injustice of it all!

For the record, Matt Gaetz is on the House Judiciary Committee. You’d think he know better.

This entry was posted in Matt Gaetz, Sex fiends, Silicon Valley, Social Media, Technology. Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Gaetz Takes Aim At Cancel Culture

Not to worry, shit for brains. If TFG gets his way there will be a Silicone Swamp which I’m sure would be more to your liking.

2. Ten Bears says:

‘Bout two years ago I experimented with Zuckerberg’s Famous Pig Facebook for a couple months, then told it to go fuck itself. I did enjoy I Love My Cat, regardless that I find cats … ahhhh, shall we say less than adorable.

Adds a whole new dimension to Ugly American …

3. w3ski4me says:

Is there even an investigation into Mr. Gaetz’s proclivities because I don’t hear anything about it?
    I know, “he’s a Rethug” but any other kind of person might be trying to keep quiet with a pedophile investigation going on. I see that he doesn’t understand that concept.
    He and Greene though they’d have a hard time picking two more worthless losers to tour together. And I understand the whole thing is just a bitch session too?
    There is an entire crop of Rethugs that need some Prison time about now and for various offenses. And it will be a real blessing to not see or hear from them for at least a couple of years.
    w3ski

4. sos says:

I wish this asshole would just stay cancelled.

5. Green Eagle says:

Gaetz is in a state of dead panic. He knows his only chance to escape prison at this point is to provoke an overthrow of the government. He would destroy the country to benefit himself; but of course that does not make him different from all other Republicans.

• pagan in repose says:

The trouble with the overthrow the government to solve your personal problems, it only works once. Who do you think really wants to be the first to claim that prize.

6. MDavis says:

Pretending that he’s got the Second Amendment raison d’etre right, does he really think that social media is the actual government?