News From Pennsylvania

H/T Scissorhead Bruce388

One of the items in Mikes’ Blog Round-Up at Crooks and Liars is about new abortion restrictions in Pennsylvania that would require women to complete a form to report any miscarriages.

This article in the Go Erie newspaper goes deeper, but this passage in particular got my attention (emphasis mine):

Rep. Frank Ryan, R-Lebanon County, introduced the bill on burial options because of his own experience after losing a child, a story he has shared previously.

He said he was “asking the ladies in the room” to “recognize how men feel.”

He said his bill is optional and gives families a chance at closure after losing a baby, he said.

Frankel argued that Ryan’s bill mandates cremation or burial and does not make it optional after abortion or miscarriage. To get a burial, a death certificate would also be required for abortions and miscarriages.

And there you have it: the miscarriage must have a death certificate and it must have some sort of burial… service.

This entry was posted in Choice, Family Values, Forced Birth, sexism, War on Women, Xristian Xraxies, Y'all Qaeda. Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to News From Pennsylvania

1. Martin Pollard says:

And we move one step closer to the Republic of Gilead. Or is it Panem? Or Airstrip One? So many choices of totalitarian regimes to choose from…

2. osirisopto says:

What if they wanted their other kids to play with it first?
    Would that constitute desecration of a corpse or child abuse?

3. “This is about giving choice to those people whose faith says that life begins at conception,” Ryan said.

I’ll take “Gobstopping Doublespeak for $400, Alex”

4. laura says:

A tip to the Ladies of PA – just send Rep Frank Ryan your used sanitary supplies so he can determine if a miscarriage has occurred and the he can send you a certificate and options for a proper burial.
    Your welcome!

5. spotthedog says:

I would not want to be the doctor who has to say “After you finish crying I need you to fill out this Application for a Fetal Death Certificate”. As always, and as stated by others here in regard to other proposals by GQP types – cruelty is the point.

6. Ten Bears says:

That … ahhhh, tail should be on the “Q” you posted @C&L.

You old enough to remember 80’s commercials? The anti-smoking one with dude out on the town, styling, flashing the ladies, puts a cigarette to his lips as they walk by and it’s all … that tail. Talk about you’re limp digit.

Please tell me this doesn’t eliminate the option of placing the dead fetus in a jar on the mantlepiece if a man desires it.

8. Pingback: George Floyd, Democracy, Slavery, Stagecoach Mary, Trump Riot & Golf – FairAndUNbalanced.com

9. This is insane. I am now 61 years old but I well remember all the miscarriages I had. My first miscarriage I was only seventeen years old! I was only a few months pregnant but I cried … I was depressed for months afterward.

I’ve had at least ten pregnancies & I have only one live child, my son James, who is now in the the Army, 101st Airborne. I almost lost HIM. I miscarried twins at 20 weeks & almost died. That was the only time I went to the hospital. I had to drive myself there … I couldn’t find anyone to help me. Every other time, I just cleaned myself up, took some ibuprofen & cried myself to sleep. I once had a miscarriage on the bus coming home from work one time & by the time I got home, I was a bloody mess. Another time, I had a miscarriage while we were camping. We were too far from any hospital or doctor & I just dealt with it. That’s what you do … you deal with it. Of course, these men don’t know anything about this.

Not to mention that half of these miscarriages happened when I had NO health insurance whatsoever.

I can’t imagine having to “bury” the bloody tissue that is expelled when you are having a miscarriage. Or having to get a death certificate! Or having to think about the “feelings” of the men involved … who the FUCK cares about them? It was MY baby! It was MY body!

Closure … my ass. Go to church & talk to your pastor. Pray a little. Leave us women alone already!

• spotthedog says:

Thank you silverapplequeen, you obviously have a profound perspective on this subject, it is appreciated. My wife had one miscarriage, but your story – I can’t begin to imagine.