I’m Shocked, Shocked I Say.

Amply be-chinned #MoscowMitch McConnell

In a move that shocked absolutely no one, amply be-chinned Mitch McConnell has killed the bipartisan January 6 Insurrection Commission. The vote was 54 to 35, with just 6 Republicans — Mitt Romney, Susan Collins, Bill Cassidy, Rob Portman, Lisa Murkowski and Ben Sasse — voting in favor.

Another 11 senators —Republicans AND Democrats— didn’t even show up for the vote:

• Blackburn
  • Blunt
  • Braun
  • Burr
  • Inhofe
  • Murray
  • Risch
  • Rounds
  • Shelby
  • Sinema
  • Toomey

They couldn’t be bothered, they had vacay plans. So much for the 10 Patriots that Sen. Manchin was looking for.

My senator left this statement explaining herself:

Kyrsten Sinema has said nothing.

And Joe Manchin is concerned, very concerned:

“I’m very disappointed, very frustrated that politics has trumped — literally and figuratively — the good of the country.” — Sen. Joe Manchin

The Coup Klux Klan hates America, hates democracy, and hates us. Never, ever forget that people. They would overthrow the gubmint in a heartbeat and go have hamburders with a common mango-hued dictator.

“It’s time to Benghazi the shit out of them,” as Scissorhead Big Bad Bald Bastard notes in the comments.

This entry was posted in Amply Be-Chinned #MoscowMitch McConnell, Joe Manchin, The Coup Klux Klan (Republicans), The Stupid Coup. Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to I’m Shocked, Shocked I Say.

1. Big Bad bald Bastard says:

I think it’s for the best, now there will be a partisan committee to investigate the insurrection.
    Time for payback for Republican bad faith investigation of Benghazi.

2. purplehead says:

I am so ƒü¢k!πg sick of Patty Murray.

• genelms says:

“A personal family matter” on the Friday before Memorial Day? Really? I voted for Patty Murray 3 times while I lived in Seattle. If I still was in Washington I am not sure I would be able to vote for her again in 2022. The progressives need to find and support a new guard. The old has just gotten too comfortable. 30 years is enough.

Donald Trump’s Big Lie has now fully enveloped the Republican Party when he descended the golden escalator with his trophy wife, buster.

4. R White says:

You would think that by avoiding culpability on an important vote, they could be a bit more original with their excuses other than ‘personal family matters.’ Didn’t know that such a group of overrated, tone-deaf individuals were hell-bent on having first dibs on chargrilled food when they weren’t outright lying about their ‘accomplishments.’

5. Ten Bears says:

The Alford Plea: Not so much an admission of guilt but a concession the evidence would convict?

The Republicans just conceded they are guilty of insurrection …

6. DoremusJessup says:

I’m certain that each member of Mitch’s caucus, Disciples of Onan, sent the traditional “Time to Move On” cards to Officer Sicknick’s widow and mother.

7. pagan in repose says:

A prune faced baboon’s ass is what I was going to say about the photo preceding your fine article, but I restrained myself.