Double-Feature Kabuki Theater

H/T Scissorhead Skinny-D

I don’t know if I should take this as sign of Death of the Filibuster or not, but it seems like something is up:

There is ZERO chance that they will find 10 Patriots in the GOP.

If the dynamic dumbos (apologies to Batman and Robin) are aligned with the Democrats and fighting the obstruction of the Coup Klux Klan, I find it a weird, hopeful sign that they might just sigh, and eventually come-around to saying that the filibuster needs to go away —and Dawg only knows that the Democrats from the Terrible Sand Kingdom of Arizonastan are trying to give her cover:

Meanwhile Politico/Tiger Beat on the Potomac (thanks Charlie!) tells us that Chuck Schumer is applying maximum pressure for the commission:

Schumer to force vote on Jan. 6 commission this week

Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer is planning to hold a vote before the Memorial Day recess on whether to establish a bipartisan commission to investigate the events of Jan. 6, according to several senators.

Senate Majority Whip Dick Durbin said Schumer has indicated it will be on the floor this week, before adding the caveat that “everything is subject to the amendment process.”

And of course, amply be-chinned Mitch McConnell would rather run the blockade:

So it looks like all the Kabuki players are cast to kill The Stupid Coup Commission which will then give Manchin and Sinema an excuse to kill the filibuster with a sigh, “we tried to find bipartisanship on the most basic of bills.”

This entry was posted in Arizonastan, Chuck Schumer, Joe Manchin, Kyrsten Sinema (D-AZ), The Coup Klux Klan (Republicans), The Stupid Coup. Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to Double-Feature Kabuki Theater

1. Scottiestoybox says:

Hello TG. I find it weird that the party of tRump who keep reminding their base cult followers how much they love the guy is terribly afraid to investigate something they claim did not happen and that tRump had no part in? I would think that as much as they claim to love the tRump they would love the Democrats to talk about him as much as possible. Hugs

2. Meremark says:

Olbermann reminds us fuhgeddaboudit a Jan6 ‘commission’ and go straight to Special Prosecutor which is how the. Watergate case of criminal president was cracked.

Dems have the votes for Special Prosecutor

• R White says:

They may have the votes, but they don’t have the courage nor stamina to eventually indict some of their ‘friends across the aisle’ who everyone who pays the slightest attention to our fucktarded style of government knows are responsible and should be kicked out of congress.

• pagan in repose says:

Sorry, I have to disagree with you on the “…our fucktarded style of government…”. It’s not the style of government that is the problem, wait for it…it’s us people that screw it up.

My pet goat theory: We human keep making up games in life, and the first thing we like to do with our new games is cheat. I mean all our games; money, government, power, monopoly (the game you learn to learn how to cheat at the game of money).

Call me crazy: That’s my pet goat theory and I’m stickin’ to it.

• pagan in repose says:

I’m having trouble with my plurals lately: human should be humans and wherever else I have for gotten to pluralize my words properly.

3. which will then give Manchin and Sinema an excuse to kill the filibuster with a sigh, “we tried to find bipartisanship on the most basic of bills.”

Your words to Dawg’s ears!

4. osirisopto says:

This is typically stupid shite coming out of the Ds.

all they need to do is drop a hint that the commission will investigate how Joe Biden instigated the uprising by being elected while Democrat and the Rs will trip over themselves to endores it.

5. osirisopto says:

I’m betting that Manchin will just give up saying there’s nothing that can be done about it. As he stretches out his hand. (Wink, wink.)

6. H-Bob says:

“He’s just used to coming back with an empty palm” — Not sure about that since he sounds like he’s bought a lot of extended car warranties from the Republicans!

The Arizona Democratic Party has passed a resolution in support of ending the filibuster. 91% in favor.

Chuck Todd is going to have a hard time both siderizing this one.

8. MDavis says:

Gerrymandering in all its forms will turn that filibuster into a sow’s ear – and keeping the gerrymander on steroids without the filibuster might be Manchin’s end goal.
    Better to turn the clock back on filibuster. Bring your comfortable shoes, senators, because you’ll be reading stuff into the record yourselves instead of having your toadies do it. Or that’s how it would be if they rolled the rules back a bit.

9. Boris says:

Wouldn’t trust Manchin as far as I could throw him, regardless of how reasonable killing the filibuster might be he’s far more worried his constituents might force him to find honest work – all he knows is politics and graft.

• Scottiestoybox says:

Hello Boris. Manchin is wealthy and an owner of both hotels and a flooring company where he doesn’t pay his workers a living wage. That is why he blocked the $15 dollars an hour but did concede to $11, because he already paid that to some of his employees as it was the going rate in that area. He is holding on to his seat due to ego, his love of power, and the knowledge that his being in the Senate translates to a lot of money, it is the golden ticket to personal wealthy both in the job and even more money when out of the job. He is trying to keep his options open for when he loses the next election. His state is getting redder, he will lose but rather than go out in Democratic party glory he wants to go out straddling the fence enough to land the high paying Republican think tank free money positions. I doubt they will take him, but I don’t have his ego. Hugs