It’s Happening!

Hair Füror changes public housing address?

“Manhattan’s district attorney has convened the grand jury that is expected to decide whether to indict former president Donald Trump, other executives at his company or the business itself should prosecutors present the panel with criminal charges.

“The panel was convened recently and will sit three days a week for six months. It is likely to hear several matters — not just the Trump case ­— during the duration of its term, which is longer than a traditional New York state grand-jury assignment… Generally, special grand juries such as this one are convened to participate in long-term matters rather than to hear evidence of crimes charged routinely.”

“The move indicates that District Attorney Cyrus Vance Jr.’s investigation of the former president and his business has reached an advanced stage after more than two years. It suggests, too, that Vance believes he has found evidence of a crime — if not by Trump then by someone potentially close to him or by his company.”

More trouble for Hair Füror, maybe? CNN reports:

“Donald Trump’s attorney defended the ex-President’s incendiary speech on January 6, saying he is protected under the First Amendment and had ‘absolute immunity’ while he was President to contest the election.

“Trump argues in DC District Court that his bully pulpit message to his supporters at the political rally on January 6 — encouraging them to oppose Congress certifying the vote — was a constitutionally protected act of the presidency.”

This entry was posted in Lord Damp Nut, The Russian Usurper. Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to It’s Happening!

1. purplehead says:

I’m too inured to these ƒü¢k€r$ getting away with murder—real or metaphorical— to have any hopes this particular ƒü¢k€r will get real justice that ends up with him in an orange jumpsuit and behind bars. So I’m not holding my breath or counting coup.

I’m not starry eyed, Purplehead. But a legal process kicking off is a big step, even if nothing comes from it.

• w3ski4me says:

Yea, well, we had 2 impeachments too, and nothing came of either one. So excuse me if I am a bit skeptical of the law actually biting him.
        Still, I have hope.
        w3ski

• Jimmy T says:

I’ll admit that he’s a slippery SOB, but the entire DOJ is after his dainty ass. I don’t know the full extent of his crimes, except for the money laundering but am totally enthused about the process playing out in the media, social or regular…

• MDavis says:

I haven’t developed a taste for the rending of garments and gnashing of teeth whining and accusations of – whatever Qanon comes up with that I’m sure to hear way too much of. But it’s overdue. As for making it public?
        I happen to know a person who was taken in by one of those scammers who always needed money because the army took their cell phone away or didn’t remember to pay them or, well, it was something new every week. No amount of explanations that the army doesn’t work that way would dissuade her from continuing her conversations with the mystery man.
        I expect the same level (or less) of listening to reason and critical thought in the larger community. It’ll be “witch hunt!” and “that was a joke” all day long every day.
        Maybe I should invest in airpods.

2. had ‘absolute immunity’ while he was President to contest the election.

Fomenting an insurrection is not contesting the election. Contesting the election is a legal process that does not require ‘absolute immunity’.

And le etat, cest moi isn’t part of our country’s laws.

• MDavis says:

The fact that roughly a third of the population (or maybe of voters) thinks this is a winning argument is probably why it was made.
      Play to the rubes and hope for another insurrection to come to the rescue. Hope that the lack of pardons will be forgotten by then. That’s the scam on the face of it.
      I’ve no idea if this is part of a deeper plan.

3. Oneofthebobs says:

I like the “bully pulpit” better without the bully.

4. Osirisopto says:

Everyone knows it was Jared.

5. Big Bad Bald Bastard says:

Meanwhile, in Chappaqua, a blonde lady is laughing her ass off.

6. w3ski4me says:

What is this “absolute immunity” thing he keeps chirping out? I think the old boy has watched too many TV shows, there is no absolute immunity in life. Just because someone has been around all his life to wipe up his messes, doesn’t mean they can or will now.
    I imagine there will be great winning and crying in the near future. I certainly hope so.
    Absolute immunity? What a chump.
    w3ski

7. pagan in repose says:

I don’t think “absolute immunity” means what Jaba the slut thinks it means. And it ain’t ever going to mean what it thinks it means. That is the beauty of the rub, as “they” say.