Get Your Wagers In: Will Manchin or Won’t He?

“For ME?!”
Joe Manchin’s demands must be met!

Politico/Tiger Beat on the Potomac speculates (shocking, I know) that this could be the week that trash panda, er, Sen. Joe Manchin puts up or shuts up:

JAN. 6 COMMISSION: We hate to keep beating this dead horse, but the all-but-doomed Jan. 6 commission proposal could get a vote in the Senate as early as this week. It’s worth watching for a potential spill-over effect.

Sen. JOE MANCHIN (D-W.Va.) was outraged that his GOP colleagues were suggesting they would filibuster the bipartisan setup. Could that be a tipping point for Manchin to greenlight his party to forge ahead with reconciliation for infrastructure? Manchin is the one blocking that move now, saying he wants an infrastructure deal to be bipartisan.

So, what’s the over-under, Scissorheads? The House doesn’t have odds on this one. Will Manchin’s bluff be called or will he find 10 Patriots (and mothers?) from the Coup Klux Klan?

This entry was posted in Joe Manchin, The Coup Klux Klan (Republicans), The Stupid Coup. Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to Get Your Wagers In: Will Manchin or Won’t He?

1. He might find 10 mf-ers in the GQP willing to string him along and shiv him in the back come vote time.

2. E.A. Blair says:

I wouldn’t put my hand that close to a raccoon; they can be nasty critters and that’s why I don’t feed them. So can RepubliQans and turncoat Democrats. That’s why I don’t feed them, either.

• pagan in repose says:

Yes and yup. All creature use their teeth as weapons so it is always advised to use caution around them.

• pagan in repose says:

Whoops.
        I meant creatures. Also I meant …around them both.

Thank you.

• E.A. Blair says:

My former upstairs neighbor was the backyard gardener. A few years ago, she put in a small goldfish pond in one of the flower plots. A couple of days later, the yard was littered with half-eaten goldfish. It was raccoons. She tried fencing them out. After it was raccoons 2, neighbor 0, she gave it up.

• MDavis says:

My dad tried a pond with fish once. I think it was herons that found the buffet for that one.

3. w3ski4me says:

How dumb is he to keep reaching for that Bi-Partisan pony, when Mitch Effing McConnell himself said “they will not work with the Democrats”? That horse is Dead, it’s going exactly nowhere.
    w3ski

• osirisopto says:

…and Joe Lieberman, er Manchin is cleaning up after it.

• Zorba says:

He’s not dumb, he’s a DINO, doing it on purpose.

• R White says:

Manchin is required to foolishly seek out ‘bipartisanship’ from morally bankrupt republicans who’ve all said NO to any democratic legislation as part of his monetary arrangement with Joe Lieberman’ s “No Labels” centrist advocacy group.

That along with Joe’s shitty political instincts that helped kill off the Democratic Party in WV are two reasons why he foolishly thinks the antiquated senate isn’t broken.

4. MJG says:

They could get Romney or Cheney easier.

5. MDavis says:

He’s getting a lot of column inches, er, eyeballs, and that seems to be what his politics amounts to.

6. revzafod says:

Beep! Whirrrr. Insufficient information for meaningful response.