Katie Porter Is MPS’ Spirit Animal

This entry was posted in snark. Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Katie Porter Is MPS’ Spirit Animal

1. Shouldn’t these ostensible Masters of the Universe CEO’s coming forward to her Committee understand that they’re going to get pantsed, swirlied, and stuffed into their lockers by her if the don’t do their homework?

Do they not have ANYONE in their orbit who will say things like “Sir you have TP hanging off your shoe.” or “Sir your fly is open.” or “Sir, you’re going to face Katie Porter today, here is your briefing book, it’s color coded for different subjects, and has an extensive executive summary in front that should answer most of her questions.” [drops it on his desk ] THUMP

*”And finally, sir, may god have mercy on your soul…” *

• R White says:

These notable assholes of the C-suite never do their homework and like always when confronting a woman, think they can bullshit their way through. It’s sad, but it’s why so many female executives at any given time are over-prepared to brief their male counterparts, who usually walk in after a round of golf to ignore everything except monies lost/revenues earned etc.

I’ve sat in my share of painful corporate meetings where it was obvious from the start that the famed CEO had ‘failed’ upwards in life.

• ali redford says:

Yeah; based upon his answers to Rep. Porter, I’d say he’s getting the loyalty he deserves from his staff..

2. Czippie L'Shimp says:

I’m delighted to say that Katie is my rep. I would normally expound on the need for an honorable opposition to make democracy work, but honestly, if we had Katie in every chair, I’m confident that she could debate herself on every issue and come up with exactly the best solution each time. Such is the nature of a skilled critical thinker.

3. Ten Bears says:

Dude even looks like a dope dealer (trust me, ok?).

Probably smells like that chicken shit everyone eats …

4. beckymaenot says:

I want to be Katie Porter when I grow up.

5. Oneofthebobs says:

For the kind of money that this guy gets, you’d think that they could find someone more capable. Maybe he needs a little more incentive and a lot less money.

6. spotthedog says:

She is a rockstar among Dem reps IMO. Seems like she has not really drawn the ire of the GQP, or maybe I’ve just missed it.

• MDavis says:

It looks better on their CVs to go after Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and Ilhan Omar, Porter is just too white to attack. Looks like they are picking on a girl, they think, until they get in her witness chair.

7. ming says:

That was more like a whole bucket rather than just a can of ass-whoop. Damn right. She’s really good at cutting through the bullshit.

8. MDavis says:

Classroom ready example of that lawyer 101 advice I’ve heard.
    Never ask a question you don’t know the answer to. And she follows it up with a display of the answer she knows. Best thing I can say about this mook’s performance is he didn’t lie, because that this would have instantly exposed that.