Aging prom-date Matt Gaetz’s indicted pervy pal Joel Greenberg will plead guilty in federal court on Monday, and will reportedly cooperate with investigators as part of the deal. Greenberg is the person who can confirm that Gaetz transported an underage girl across state lines for sexual purposes.
As part of the deal, Joel Greenberg will cooperate with investigators in a wide-ranging probe, according to one source familiar with the matter. For months, federal investigators have been examining whether Gaetz broke federal sex trafficking, prostitution and public corruption laws and whether he had sex with a minor.
Gaetz has not been charged and denies any wrongdoing.
Helpfully, CNN includes a bibliography, you know, in case you want to see any of the wrongdoing of which Gaetz has not been charged, and other character witnessing that might be relevant:
- Women detail drug use, sex and payments after late-night parties with Gaetz and others
- ‘He’s not a team player’: Republicans steer clear of Gaetz amid DOJ investigation
- Matt Gaetz associate has been cooperating with Justice Department since last year
- Embattled Florida Rep. Matt Gaetz is denied a meeting with Trump
- ‘He really jumped on the Trump train’: How a brash Matt Gaetz climbed the ranks in Trump’s Washington
Meanwhile, Gaetz is on a Gish-Galloping tour with his colleague (with benefits? Hey, it would be irresponsible to not speculate, amiright?) Marjorie Taylor Greene. We assume that the FBI is keeping an eye on international airports in case Matt decides to date kiddies outside the country.