CDC: ‘At Ease, Private’

Hat tip: Scissorhead Dennis Cole

Yesterday afternoon, the CDC released the happy news that fully vaccinated people can now remove their masks under most conditions.

As some readers and all good Scissorheads know, MPS is a great believer in Science. As we’ve noted before, IF you’d believe in Science THEN you must believe in Global Climate Change.

(Our debate on GMOs is on-going, however. I still maintain that the main problem is the appalling US gubmint policies around GMOs and not the Science of ’em.)

IF you believe in Science, then you  CANNOT be an anti-vaxxer.

That said, until the caseloads drop here in the Peoples Republic of Seattle (we’re having a spike at the moment and even our mini-Gavin Newsome, er,  Gov. Inslee has noticed that we’re not doing as well as California), I’m probably going to continue to wear mask, at least short-term. I think your mileage may vary depending on your location.

For 15 months, I have not left my home without wearing a mask, and if I was going inside somewhere even marginally crowded, I was double-masked. This is going to be a hard habit to break.

This entry was posted in Hygiene Theater, masks, Pandemics. Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to CDC: ‘At Ease, Private’

1. Redhand says:

Me too. I’m not into “Give me Freedumb or and give me death” territory.

[Take 2: Tengrain was here! I think this is right now! ]

2. Redhand says:

Damn. Tengrain, please fix the formatting.

3. Sirius Lunacy says:

Back in the early days of Covid I went out and purchased some good quality washable masks. I’ve got a Pink Floyd DSOTM mask, a Tampa Bay Lightning mask. I’ve got my family tartan, one that looks like I have a golden retriever face and several optical illusion designs. I’m going to keep wearing mine just because they’re cool masks.

• Ten Bears says:

I’ve grown rather fond of my tye-dyes …

• spotthedog says:

All the cool kids made it a fashion statement accessory. And the poor confused GQP types; when they weren’t crying about the mask being a holocaust-like face prison, were flaunting their masked faces with anti-left bumper sticker slogans. I was proud to mask up and show I was not an idiot (admittedly questionable for other reasons). 20 years from now we may come across that old mask in a drawer and get all nostalgicky.

4. Big Bad Bald Bastard says:

I can see mask wearing being a regular practice for respiratory ailment season.

5. Bruce388 says:

I saw a sign a while back: “You ugly. Wear a mask.” I qualify.

6. ali redford says:

I’ve actually enjoyed masking, once I got some masks that don’t fall down when I talk. But, this morning I had errands, none of which require masks now, so I applied makeup for the first time in over a year. It was sorta nice to get things done with a little lipstick on this morning. DH has been wanting to eat inside a restaurant for a while, so that’s probably on the agenda this weekend. I still have concern for people who are unable (not unwilling) to be vaccinated, but since I want to stay away from people in general, they should be OK. 😊

7. Meremark says:

The Rash Lamebrain schtick that got him national promoter’s notice who happened to be lobbying in the Sacramento radio market. “You ugly people should not be allowed out in public. Yes, ugly people, you know who you are..

And Lamebrain could parade his racist bigotry without identifying (only wolf-whistling) his target group of victims.
    But if he were hitler or could mesmerically guide and groom one like himself into power be sure “you ugly people” would be taken into custody and fed into the ovens. Hollywood teeth beauty-ethnic cleansing. so2speak

Okay, I hardly post my photo as avatar anywhere because ugly. okay? ugly, okay? I can breathe I am beautiful. Great personality. and funny.
    Pretty birds enjoy funny guys…and beautiful. pretty much

• Meremark says:

And just to include to conclude: Rash Lamebrain is still dead. it’s over. let it go. One thing you can’t hide is when you’re crippled inside h/t beatles.
      get on with your socialism magnificence GO forth and Ozark no more. It’s over. (did U miss the starting gun?) We can laugh the hate-radio goofs off the air, out of car-driver canter; drop it and step away from the mic.