News That Will Drive You To Drink

Well, they found the dead girl, have they looked for the live boy? —

And Yes, the candidate is a Republican, did you have to ask?

This entry was posted in Crazeee States, Pennsylvania, Wingnuttia. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to News That Will Drive You To Drink

1. Redhand says:

The Daily Beast has an article on this.

My favorite part:

“The cause of death was alcohol intoxication, but because she was found in my tub, everyone, including myself, assumed she drowned,” he wrote. “So many empty vodka bottles were found, it looked like there was a party in my house, but inspection of the security video of people entering and leaving showed only her.”

Peruto goes on to describe how he’d driven back to Philadelphia upon hearing the news, citing phone records that confirmed his location along the way. He gave a full statement to homicide detectives and surrendered his phone for a search. “The long story short is that I was not her only boyfriend, but it was my apartment where she expired,” he wrote. “If it was another boyfriend’s apartment, you would have never heard of the case.”

2. spotthedog says:

“Some people will not let this go away”, yeah some people are so annoying, certainly not the sort of thing that should interest a DISTRICT ATTORNEY!

[Q]ualified people won’t get into politics because silly things in their background will come up, that they have no control over, and they don’t want to deal with it.

After living with a hoe for 6 wks. and claiming you didn’t really know her sounds a lot like moral turpitude to me. Oh right. That litmus test doesn’t apply to republicans.

• MDavis says:

“Silly things”. right. So silly to learn that there is a dead girl in your bathtub, you have to come home and interview with the police. So silly.

4. laura says:

I wonder if the girl ever had a name, a life of hopes and dreams, family friends or colleagues.

5. spotthedog says:

It happened in 2013, her name was Julia Law. More from Daily Beast;

‘The 26-year-old had been a paralegal in Peruto’s law office, where they struck up a romantic relationship. This was something of a pattern for the 66-year-old lawyer. As news of Law’s death broke, Peruto received a series of angry calls from a woman named Genna Squadroni. She was “his 25-year-old recent ex-girlfriend of three years,” Philadelphia Magazine reported, who had also worked in Peruto’s office—she had hired Law herself.

On his campaign website, Peruto describes the incident in a conversational tone: “In 2013, I was dating a girl for about 6 weeks, and didn’t really know her,” he writes. “I learned more about her after she died by reading an investigative article done by Philadelphia Magazine, written by Lisa DePaulo, which opened my eyes.”

The description clashes somewhat with the message Peruto shared on Facebook shortly after Law’s death. “It’s very hard to find someone who really matches you on all eight cylinders,” he wrote at the time, in a post cited by NBC 10. “I found my soulmate hippy, and can never replace her. We worked and played, and never got enough life…Earth lost the best one ever. Happy birthday baby.” ‘
    (end quote)

Peruto was known for legal representation of alleged mob bosses. Ms. Law was found face down in bath tub full of water with blood alcohol content of .45 percent. “Didn’t really know her”; that’s a familiar phrase. Yep nothing to see here, you know how some people just can’t let things go.

• spotthedog says:

Actually this could all be seen in Redhand’s link, apologies for duplication and thanks Redhand.

6. Bruce388 says:

What 26 year old woman wouldn’t want to hook up with a 66 year old dude with money? I’m sure he regaled her with stories about black and white TVs with no remotes, phones with cords, car windows he had to wind up manually, and encyclopedias.