‘Never Buy Gribenes From A Mohel,’ Cont.

H/T Scissorhead Bruce388

As long as we are talking about Xristians, Scissorhead Purplehead points us to the following article:

How Jesus’ foreskin became one of Christianity’s most-coveted relics — and then disappeared

I somehow don’t think this will ever be an Indiana Jones sequel.

This entry was posted in snark, Xristian Xraxies. Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to ‘Never Buy Gribenes From A Mohel,’ Cont.

1. skinnydennis says:

Indiana Jones and the Lord of the Ring?

2. Ole Phat Stu says:

When the first (lousy) astronomical refractor telescopes were made, they could not resolve the rings around Saturn as rings. In fact the papal astronomer wrote a paper claiming the rings were “the foreskin of our dear Lord”. That document is still available, afaik in the Vatican library.

3. julesmomcat says:

Ignorant gullibility hath no limits.

4. Of course it won’t be a Indiana Jones movie, it’ll be the next blockbuster with Tom Hanks as Robert Langdon: “The Foreskin Cryptex”

5. Jimmy T says:

I don’t know, “Indiana Jones and the Foreskins” kinda has a nice ring to it if you’re into music…

6. Sirius Lunacy says:

May the foreskin be with you.
    And with you, my brother.

7. Oneofthebobs says:

Mine seems to be missing as well. As relics go, it wasn’t much.

8. Sirius Lunacy says:

And Jesus sayeth “Oh Father, if I am to die on the cross I want something special in return”

9. Ten Bears says:

I heard they bite them off, like Joni Ernst biting off pig-balls, is that true?

If that don’t shrivel you right up …

10. They kept the foreskin? Really?

• roket says:

That’s what the frankincense and myrrh were for. Probably.

• Christian is a VERY weird religion. Cannibals and zombies and gods with anger management issues. It’s like a Marvel movie as done by Eli Roth.

• ali redford says:

I don’t believe they kept Jesus’s foreskin. All through the NT, Jesus practiced Judaism, so there would have been a procedural disposition of the detritus(? I’m sorry-no insensitivity intended-) from his bris. I don’t recall; when I was young we studied laws and Leviticus in 4th grade, but the instructions could be in that area of the OT.

11. Big Bad Bald Bastard says:

Gives a whole new meaning to kissing a relic!

12. Jeebus, just grab a gnarly piece of gristle from a pork roast, let it dry, there you go! Bless it if it makes you feel better.

13. muttpupdad says:

I saw at least five different ones while traveling in Europe in ’76, must have kept growing back.

Speak!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s