News That Will Drive You To Drink

Happy Hour News

The beaver did it:

Internet Outage in Canada Blamed on Beavers Gnawing Through Fiber Cables

Rascally beavers took down internet service for about 900 customers in a remote Canadian community this weekend after gnawing through crucial fiber cables, the Candian Broadcasting Corporation reported Sunday. The outage, which has since been resolved, also affected 60 cable TV customers and disrupted local cell phone service, according to a statement from the area’s provider, Telus.

Oh, sure, they are blaming the beavers, who only want to welcome us to Canada.

This entry was posted in snark. Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to News That Will Drive You To Drink

1. From the greatest Canadian sports film ever made (“Men With Brooms”):

2. spotthedog says:

What a coinkydink, I saw a beaver today at a small lake nearby.

3. revzafod says:

No,no. I’m resisting. I’m not gonna do it. I’m not gonna make a funny beaver joke here. You’ll just have to watch this, from Reach Around books.

4. MDavis says:

“Welcome to Canada!
    Now go home!”

• spotthedog says:

We got Tim Hortons in the States, why would we need to go to Canada?!

Kidding – I love Canada, have some close relations there who I haven’t seen in a while and I really want to go for a visit asap. I always think of Canada as America’s cool cousin – smarter and better looking. The BEST way to see Niagra Falls is from the Canadian side. Now I want some Timbits!!!

5. pagan in repose says:

Anybody want to talk about the nutria that came for a visit and stayed forever as a hat replacement fur.

6. Buttermilk Sky says:

A squirrel chewed through a cable and shut down the NASDAQ in 2015, and that wasn’t the only one. Rodents gonna rodent.

Read this and be afraid.