Will Bill from Cleveland sell more Chevys than Stan in Poughkeepsie?

Oscars!

I understand that there is some sort of trade show tonight, where fabulously wealthy people dress up in BORROWED couture and jewels and give each other prizes to promote their “product.”

There’s only so much stupid I can take and award shows always exceed my allotment.

Anyway, as a public service, Vanity Fair has their printable ballot so you can track your predictions.

This entry was posted in honors and awards. Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Will Bill from Cleveland sell more Chevys than Stan in Poughkeepsie?

1. FELINE MAMA says:

Thank You!!!!! I thought I was the Only person in the USA that CANNOT, WILLNOT, TUNE IN!!
    All that Ego & Narcissisms in one venue for hours !! AAARRRGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!
    I don’t even know any of todays’ “movie stars” . Don’t know the last time I went to a “movie”! Might’ve been “Silverado” with that dude Kevin Costner.

2. bowtiejack1 says:

Amen. Amen.

3. julesmomcat says:

Ditto – our last was two years ago – “Cats” with Judi Dench. I guess we’ve outgrown our fascination with being entertained, if it isn’t felines and their antics.

• MDavis says:

Our last going-to-the-theater movie was probably a Harry Potter movie. I think it was the one where he got his map. Nicely done werewolf transformation in that one.

• We saw the MST3K live tour a couple years ago, but before that I cannot remember the last time…I honestly think it may have been the original Batman film with Michael Keaton as Batman…

4. Weird Dave says:

Show biz kids making movies of themselves…

5. Martin Pollard says:

Gee, I’d love to watch the Oscars, but I have something a little more fun planned. I’m going to go home and shave my head with a cheese grater while chewing on tinfoil. (h/t Sam Malone, Cheers)

6. TheOtherHank says:

Being of a certain age, I remember when Henry V had one or more Oscar nominations. This was in the age before all the voters got sent screeners, so to see a movie they actually had to go to the theater. But Henry V had been shown on PBS sometime after its theatrical run but before the Oscar voting. This was deemed unfair by some entertainment business observers since it meant that it was more likely to have been seen by the voters than the other movies in its categories.

Finding out that the Oscars are awarded by counting the votes of people who aren’t even required to see the movies they’re voting on soured me on the whole thing and I haven’t watched it since.

7. muttpupdad says:

Having avoided the crap that Hollywood has tried to pass off on us the last few decades, why would I watch a show where they award themselves for doing so.

8. Not that a zombie should intervene here, but it should be noted that the pandemic has structurally changed the way they did these awards, and then there is WAY less focus on the photographs of the “red carpet” Also, they have far restricted the people actually invited, which means many people nominated watch from home (with I love! If you win, celebrate with your fam!)

I haven’t watched any, but it seems to me that the stage had WAY more diversity than ever.

And having said that, Fuck all y’all on stiffing Chadwick Boseman. Incipient racism, you fucks.

9. Also, I have my own things I like and one is lovely and gorgeous formal gowns.

Speak!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s