Housekeeping

Guys, WordPress in all their wisdom has taken away the work-around from the classic version and moved everyone into the terrible new block editor, that not only slows down composition, but things I used frequently are hidden.

Things are gonna be weird for a while until I figure out where they moved stuff. There will be formatting errors. Please be patient.

—The Management

This entry was posted in snark. Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Housekeeping

1. Ok Noees! Errres In fermattin like a common Scissorhead!

2. spotthedog says:

“When the going gets weird,,, “, you know the rest, I suspect Tengrain is already a pro.

3. MDavis says:

TG, I can’t even keep pointy brackets straight. I have no grounds to complain – like I would.

4. Ten Bears says:

I must have snuck in under the radar, my last post – within the hour – I did in Classic but now that you’ve mentioned it I see new posts are defaulting to Block. What I found with Block is it’s easier to work in the code editor, but you to know a little bit about code. I know I hate it, and my grandsons know I’ll wash their mouths out with soap if they use that word.

I can’t complain: I’ve been running my blog out of wordpress for free for fifteen years.

Almost ETA: there is a work-around but don’t know how long it will last: back-button to the last time you posted out of Classic.

5. Scottie says:

Hello Tengrain. I am a bit confused. I have WordPress and I use the classic editor. I click the write button on top of my blog, it brings up their welcome to the block editor but you can use the classic if you want blurb. Make that go away it is fluff you do not need. I click on the + and type c and it puts up the classic button in the box. I click on that, that puts a gray classic bar in the writing area of the new blog post. If you click on the grey bar that changes to the entire old classic menu and posting is the same from there on out. If I can help in anyway, let me know. Hugs

Thanks Scottie – That’s weird, but it kinda works.

Much obliged!

• Scottie says:

Hello TG. I understand. I hate the new block editor and I used the fact I pay over $300 a year and have a huge amounts of hits to complain loudly and daily about the new editor. Really I threatened daily to stop paying them and withdrew the auto pay. Then after a few days one of the persons I was talking to said just do this. Then a while later they made that standard. Now after I sign on and click on the write button I get a notice explaining how to use classic again. I think they could save the problem by simply offering classic or block editor at the start, but one of the chat people told me it was a money issue, they figured to make a lot more money off the block editor. Yet as fast as they back tracked, I think the money was not where they thought it was. Hugs

• Scottie says:

Hello TG. With the traffic you get you could hold it over them also. They make their money off the traffic our blogs generate. Make them work for it. Hugs