We have long believed that the 4th Reich intentionally lied about the Trump-Virus to Wee the Peeples and interfered with the CDC. So imagine my surprise to learn that, yeah, we Scissorheads were right, again, according to Axios’ morning email thingie:
Driving the news: Former CDC chief Robert Redfield told CNN’s Sanjay Gupta what he was “most offended by was the calls” from [Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar’s office] “that wanted me to pressure and change the MMWR [Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report on COVID-19]. He may deny that, but it’s true.”
- “The one time that was the most egregious was not only was I pressured by the secretary and his office and his lawyers, but as I was driving home, his lawyer and his chief of staff called and pressured me again for at least another hour,” Redfield said on CNN’s “Covid War: The Pandemic Doctors Speak Out.”
- “Even to the point of, like, accusing me of failing to make this change that would cost, you know, thousands of lives,” he continued.
- “I finally had a moment in life where I said, you know, enough is enough. You know? If you want to fire me, fire me. I’m not changing the MMWR.”
The 4th Reich was pressuring him like a common Georgia Secretary of State to overturn an election? I’m shocked. Axios continues:
Of note: Former FDA commissioner Stephen Hahn told CNN Azar blocking the FDA’s ability to regulate lab-developed tests “was a line in the sand for me” and he implied that the then-secretary shouted at him over it.
- When Gupta put it to Hahn that if the secretary was “screaming” at him, that’s a problem.
- “There was definitely that sort of pressure,” Hahn replied.
- “If someone’s trying to ask me to do something that I don’t think is right and my patient, the American people, need something different…,” he added, before shrugging.
So that’s a confirmation that there was a pressure campaign.
(CNN: Pandemic doctors speak out)