Guys remember yesterday when Sen. John Kennedy tried to use a tortured analogy of drunk driving to defend gun rights?
He liked it so much he tried it again —with a twist— while talking to The Dumb One on Petunia & Pals:
I cannot argue with the idea of Idiot Control, but Kilmead looks like the beagle that just heard its name, but isn’t quite sure.
Just to reiterate: driving and guns are different, y’all! To operate a car legally, you must:
- pass a test to get a license to drive
- register the car
- buy insurance
And as Scissorhead BruceTheDesertRat pointed out, the state:
- Heavily regulate sales of liquor, and ban private sales outright.
- People who knowingly over-serve someone (even in a private home) can be sued for the damages
- Routinely erect mass traffic stops to identify and arrest drunk drivers
- Police can stop and question you if they think you’re driving impaired
…but other than that, good analogy, Mattlock! Thanks for making our point for us.