The Pride of Oxford University (the real one, in the UK, where he graduated with honors) Sen. John Kennedy (R – NRA) gives us a tortured analogy against regulating guns:
I guess ol’ John forgot that in order to drive on the public roads drunk or sober, one must:
- pass a test to get a license to drive
- register the car
- buy insurance
Scissorhead BruceTheDesertRat adds:
- Heavily regulate sales of liquor, and ban private sales outright.
- People who knowingly over-serve someone (even in a private home) can be sued for the damages
- Routinely erect mass traffic stops to identify and arrest drunk drivers
- Police can stop and question you if they think you’re driving impaired
…but other than that, good analogy, Mattlock! Thanks for making our point for us.
(And sorry for including the Ayatollah Ted outburst, it couldn’t be helped. Twitter is determined to do tourism spots for Cancun. )