Some Fries With Your Stupid?

PM General Louis DeJoy’s USPS

Louis DeJoy is not done with us yet, you know, after conspiring with Prznint Stupid to election tampering the mail-in ballots —destroying sorting equipment, stealing collection boxes, and padlocking others— and he’s now setting his sights on helping Big Brown and FedEx:

Postmaster General announces 10-year plan including longer mail delivery times and cuts to post office hours

Longer first-class mail delivery times and cuts to post office hours across the country are among the changes embattled Postmaster General Louis DeJoy announced Tuesday as part of a 10-year plan for the agency.

The sweeping 58-page plan, titled “Delivering for America,” promises to make the Postal Service more competitive and more modern — including a new energy-friendly fleet of delivery vehicles.

I love this idea that the USPS has to be more competitive, so therefore he will make it objectively worse.

It includes investments in “advanced package processing equipment,” upgrades to post offices and uniforms, new technology such as mobile devices for letter carriers, and new employee training.

It also calls for dialing down delivery time expectations, which it notes the system has been unable to meet “over the past eight years.”

I feel like a broken record, but: the USPS is a public service, it does not have to have a profit and given that Congress made it virtually impossible for it to do so by ordering that the USPS pre-pays pensions for 75 years into the future. Does the US Army/Airforce/Navy/Marines/Spaceforce(!) have to turn a profit? (I mean other than Chimpy and Blam-Blam trying to steal the oil in Iraq.)

This entry was posted in Postmaster General Louis DeJoy, Save the USPS. Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Some Fries With Your Stupid?

1. spotthedog says:

Whenever anyone at USPS talks about being competitive with private delivery services its never quite made sense to me, it sort of implies UPS and Fedex are about to start delivering Christmas and Mother’s Day cards, utility bills, bulk advertising flyers, etc., etc.

Spot – It’s so weird. Also the other delivery systems subcontract with USPS for last-mile delivery so they don’t have to.

None of this makes any sense to me. He’s a saboteur.

• spotthedog says:

I was a USPS employee in a previous life which I try to forget, they have always had management types spouting the need to be competitive with UPS and Fedex, it always struck me as ridiculous – comparing apples and oranges.

Back in the mid 90’s when people were first becoming aware of the availability and use of this new fangled thing called email, we were getting the morning sermon from our do-little manager who read a memo urging all postal employees to discourage others from using email because it would hurt our business/threaten our jobs – I kid you not.

2. Ten Bears says:

There’s an obit I look forward to reading.

• Do they publish obits from the surface of the sun,into which I would like to see him prolelled?
      He is repulsive, dangerous. the actively malignant and corrupt form of the “management o atype” Spotthedog refers to in his comment. They think that wangling themselves into a position where they have the power to wreck things means that they are really, truly Masters of the Universe.

• purplehead says:

Can we pre-fund Dejoy’s obit? We could write one right now to move things along.

3. R White says:

Until and unless enough ‘muricans reject morally bankrupt republicans at every level of government by seeing them for the civic menace they really are, we will continue to humor these failed C-Suite types who all want to turn a profit from an entity that was established by the constitution.

4. Big Bad Bald Bastard says:

My sister in law sent me a Christmas present which was supposed to arrive on 12/20/20, and it showed up on 2/16/2021. I’m still waiting on a check I was supposed to receive last November (I had to have the original canceled and reissued). Meanwhile, two pairs of glasses I ordered two weeks ago haven’t arrived at the opticians, and I’m waiting on DMV to send my license and my bank to send my new ATM card.

I’m taking this personally.

P.S. Mailbox was empty this afternoon.

So are USPS postmarks useless yet? Since 4/15 is right around the corner I would have thought State & Federal IRS’s would have something to say about this. Not to mention small businesses.

6. Jimmy T says:

From Politifact: The 2006 Postal Accountability and Enhancement Act required the Postal Service to pre-fund future retiree health benefits, not pensions. The law put a financial strain on the service, which has defaulted on some of the statutorily prescribed payments.
    No other entity in the observable universe is required to this, but a GQP congress in 2006 required them to do so. It’s literally insane to demand this from the Postal Service…

7. Bruce388 says:

Looking at the photo, I can’t see any problem leaving those sawed-off legs in place, especially with children around. Another slick move by DeJoy.