‘Murika Returns To Normal

Domestic Terrorism

(Gun) Smoke and Mirrors From the NRA

The tragic domestic terrorism in Boulder (following the tragic domestic terrorism in Atlanta)  shows us that after a year of lockdown, we are returning to normal. From what I can tell, the perp in Boulder was a White dude, and so he lived to be arrested.

Boulder Police Commander Kerry Yamaguchi said a suspect has been arrested.

“There is no ongoing public threat,” Yamaguchi said. “We do have a person of interest in custody. That person was injured during the incident and is being treated for the injuries.”

Everything we said the other day remain in effect:

Because it is the apparent policy of the United States that everyone can buy a weapon of war designed only for the purpose of killing our fellow human —without any restrictions (really)— we should all expect these killings. It’s insane of course, but there we have it…

If I were king of the forest, no one would have access to guns at all. But I’m not king of the forest and clearly there is no political will to do anything about this. It’s not that I have given up, but I know that nothing will change. Gee, maybe I’ll sign a petition. /Snark

We continue to live in a war zone, and there’s no sign of it ending anytime soon. The anomaly was the Pandemic Year, but we are returning to normal:

Colorado State Senate Majority Leader Stephen Fenberg (D) told Brian Williams on MSNBC: “We have had a horrific year as a country, as a world. It had finally started to feel like things are getting back to ‘normal.’ And, unfortunately, we are reminded that that includes mass shootings.”

This entry was posted in Ammosexuals, Gundamentalists, Guns! Guns! Guns!, NRA. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to ‘Murika Returns To Normal

1. ming says:

I know that store. It’s been a long long time since I lived in that hood, but damn.

2. spotthedog says:

My son and his wife are not very far from there, he lived near Aurora for a while, “damn” is right. This shit gets old.

3. buckobear says:

Perhaps we could start with making access to the ballot the same as access to a firearm.

4. Bruce388 says:

As seen on Twitter: “Nobody needed to tell me the shooter’s race once I heard he had been taken alive.”

5. Weird Dave says:

To tell the truth, I don’t really care how many guns you have.

What concerns me much more is how many bullets you have (and therein lies the core of WD’s plan for dealing with firearm violence).

6. R White says:

And like clockwork, as uncle joe meekly suggested we try and ban assault weapons along with high-capacity magazines, the antiquated senate’s most loathed republican and alleged zodiac killer, raphael ‘ted’ ooze, started whining about his right to offer up empty ‘thoughts and prayers’ when called out for his rank hypocrisy as he lied about the supposed millions of noble god-loving conservative citizens who were murdered by evil immigrant babies in said antiquated senate.

7. osirisopto says:

Even if they did get a bill into the senate we all know what would happen. The big F.

8. R White says:

It’s been said a thousand times before, but if the murder of 20 grade school aged children will not persuade the redneck assholes of the republican caucus within the antiquated senate to act in the interests of every intelligent, empathetic American, nothing will.

9. MDavis says:

Headline from NY Daily News –
    “Colorado judge blocked Boulder’s ban on assault weapons a week before King Soopers shooting”
    It didn’t age well.

10. Wesley Sandel says:

Based upon what I’ve read, the shooter was a paranoid schizophrenic. But he’s a “feriner” so he was immediately charged with murder, as opposed to those good ol’ boys down in Georgia who stalked and murdered a defenseless black man for jogging in their neighborhood and didn’t get charged for four months.