Amply be-chinned #MoscowMitch is trying to get ahead of the hugely popular American Rescue Plan (which will trigger the disbursement of $1400 Amero stimulus checks to most Americans, extend unemployment benefits, and enact federal programs geared toward people who need help most), of which not a single Republican in either House voted in favor:
But Mitch and his flying monkeys know that the real cause of the upcoming boom will be permanently repealing the estate tax.
UPDATE 1: an itemized list of benefits from the bill –
Other features of the bill include:
- $350 billion for aid to state, local, and tribal governments
- $170 billion to help schools open
- $160 billion for COVID-19 vaccine distribution
- $48 billion for COVID-19 testing and tracing
- $45 billion to help people pay their rent or mortgage
- $30 billion for help to transit agencies
- $25 billion for the restaurant industry
- $14 billion to help struggling airlines
- $8 billion for airports
- $7 billion to help students get Internet access for ZoomSchool
- $5 billion to help poor people get food
In addition, federal unemployment payments of $300/week will continue through Sept. 6 and $10,200 of jobless aid received last year will be tax free. The bill also covers COBRA health-insurance payments for people who were laid off. One of the things McCarthy hates is an expansion of the child tax credit to $3,600 for children under six and $3,000 for older children. This means that a young family might get $13,200/yr, enough to lift many families out of poverty. If there is one thing that all Republicans hate with the intensity of 1000 suns it is the government giving free money to poor (read: Black) people. If children don’t get enough to eat, it is their own fault. They should have picked richer parents. Democrats believe that the bill will cut child poverty in half. This provision sunsets in a year, but Democrats hope to renew it then.