Dolly Parton Is A Goddam Hero

Dolly Parton, as you may recall, donated a cool Million Ameros to research for developing the Trump-Virus vaccine, and now she’s working hard to encourage everyone to take the damn shot, and that means YOU, Possum Hollar.

Do it for Dolly.

Had to check: that Vaccine song was to the tune of “Jolene.” Imma dummy when it comes to country hits.

This entry was posted in Hero Worship, Heroes, Pandemics, Vaccine. Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Dolly Parton Is A Goddam Hero

1. osirisopto says:

You didn’t know that song? T.G. You need to get out more.

Here try this…

2. Jim Luken says:

Hi, 10, if you want to hear a great covid song check out Have a good Jab, by the marsh family. You might want to use it here. Very clever

• Jimmy T says:

Sweet young girls singing a sweet song along with their dad. Leonard Cohen would be proud. Oh, it’s on Youtube…

3. Jimmy T says:

Back in the day, I was never a dolly Parton fan. Went big into the Beatles, Neil Young, Simon & Garfunkel, The Airplane, Janis, Jimi, to a lesser degree the Rolling Stones (liked them before altamont) to name a few, but Dolly has my eternal admiration for her farsightedness on Covid-19, and her financial contributions to the development of an effective vaccine, to the point that I’ve been checking out her youtube videos. I got vaccinated yesterday by members of the Natural Guard here in Oregon. It was kinda fun, and no complications…

• I really leaned into her when I saw the display on her career in the Country Music Hall of Fame. I especially like that when she wanted to go solo from Porter Waggoner at the beginning of her career, he resisted, so she wrote the song “I Will Always Love You” for him. After wiping his eyes, he agreed, with the condition that he got to produce that song.

4. beckymaenot says:

I’m not a huge country music fan- but there is an artistry in the way that Dolly Parton tells a story in her songs that cannot be denied. I admire Dolly and how hard she works- and the graceful way she does it- making it all look so easy. She is a talented writer and composer and an astute business person. In short- she is the real deal with the whole package. And then- to top it all off- she gives back to her community. She is a treasure and an inspiration.

5. beckymaenot says:

“Get your scummy hands offa me” I LOVE this bit.

6. donnah says:

Dolly’s heart will always be bigger than the wigs she used to wear. She’s scaled way back from her sequined glamor queen image years ago. She’s donated a million dollars for Covid research, she has donated millions of books to children’s reading programs, and when fire destroyed large areas of Gatlinburg, she gave money to families who lost their homes.

And she still sings like an angel.

7. purplehead says:

Here’s a dream ticket: Stacey Abrams, prez; Dolly Parton, veep. Shit would get done.

Dolly wouldn’t do it, though.

8. HarpoSnarx says:

Dolly, we will always you.

9. Richard Portman says:

She is not a hero. She is just one of us. How many times have we said ” if i get rich, i will share”?
    It doesn’t take a hero to do that.