Whaddup, North Dakota?

Crazee States

Hat tip: Scissorhead Dennis Coled

The Gret Stet of North Dakota (Motto: “Gateway to South Dakota”) makes a power move:

North Dakota House passes bill forbidding mandatory mask wearing

“…The bill comes three months after North Dakota Gov. Doug Burgum (R) imposed a statewide mask mandate, though the governor himself had previously expressed skepticism over such a move.

“The bill’s sponsor, state Rep. Jeff Hoverson (R), called mask mandates “diabolical silliness,” characterizing them as a conspiracy run by “unelected, wealthy bureaucrats who are robbing our freedoms and perpetuating lies,” the Herald reported.

“Except for fetuses, no one has a right to live,” Hoverson did not say, probably.

“The number of COVID-19 cases declined after Burgum’s mask mandate. The Herald also notes that health experts have attributed the drop to a combination of factors, including restrictions on businesses and increased social distancing.”

It’s unbelievable how Wingnuts are making public health a culture war issue, especially when it is the Fox News demographic keeling over dead.

This entry was posted in Crazeee States, masks, North Dakota, Pandemics. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Whaddup, North Dakota?

1. julesmomcat says:

Now, watch their COVID fatalities numbers rise. ND wins this year’s Brain-Dead Award.

2. sos says:

Fox News demographic keeling over dead
    Not dead (enough) yet. Must be pining for the fjords.

3. And they do this as we mourn over 500,000 deaths, 40% of which needn’t have happened according to The Lancet. Excuse me while I go start banging my head against a wall!😡

4. w3ski4me says:

I do wonder about the political side of Covid deaths. How many more Rethugs than Democrats? How many people that do wear a mask will actually come down with the virus? I have read that Red states already have a higher percentage of cases. I can only imagine.
    On the plus side, could it ever be this simple? Let the rethugs get sick and die off? So sad that they take good people out with them though.
    w3ski

5. donnah says:

You can’t cure stupid, I guess. Smart residents in stupid states will wear masks, get vaccinated, and live to vote again. Maybe the stupid Republican population will be decreased enough to lose the majority. Win/win!

6. Dennis Cole says:

I like that expression, “diabolical silliness.” Yep, that ol’ Debbil is up to his usual hijinks, trying to keep people from dying, and crowding him out.

7. mellowjohn says:

On the plus side, once ND and SD are totally depopulated we can admit Puerto Rico and DC as states without having to change the design of the flag.

8. But …. if the mother dies, so does the fetus.