The Final Vote (UPDATED)

Seething Rage.
(image courtesy Scissorhead MonkeyFister)

And now, watch for Hair Füror to seek revenge upon these 7.

UPDATE 1: Here’s Trump’s statement:

“I want to first thank my team of dedicated lawyers and others for their tireless work upholding justice and defending truth.

“My deepest thanks as well to all of the United States Senators and Members of Congress who stood proudly for the Constitution we all revere and for the sacred legal principles at the heart of our country.

“Our cherished Constitutional Republic was founded on the impartial rule of law, the indispensable safeguard for our liberties, our rights and our freedoms.

“It is a sad commentary on our times that one political party in America is given a free pass to denigrate the rule of law, defame law enforcement, cheer mobs, excuse rioters, and transform justice into a tool of political vengeance, and persecute, blacklist, cancel and suppress all people and viewpoints with whom or which they disagree. [ED Note: I thought he was talkin’ ’bout the GQP, but, you know… TG] I always have, and always will, be a champion for the unwavering rule of law, the heroes of law enforcement, and the right of Americans to peacefully and honorably debate the issues of the day without malice and without hate.

“This has been yet another phase of the greatest witch hunt in the history of our Country. No president has ever gone through anything like it, and it continues because our opponents cannot forget the almost 75 million people, the highest number ever for a sitting president, who voted for us just a few short months ago. [ED Note: But your side can forget the 81 Million people who voted for the other guy? Sure, Jan. –TG]

“I also want to convey my gratitude to the millions of decent, hardworking, law-abiding, God-and-Country loving citizens who have bravely supported these important principles in these very difficult and challenging times.

“Our historic, patriotic and beautiful movement to Make America Great Again has only just begun. In the months ahead I have much to share with you, and I look forward to continuing our incredible journey together to achieve American greatness for all of our people. There has never been anything like it! [ED Note: He’s vowing to come back. This is a threat. –TG]

“We have so much work ahead of us, and soon we will emerge with a vision for a bright, radiant, and limitless American future.

“Together there is nothing we cannot accomplish.

“We remain one People, one family, and one glorious nation under God, and it’s our responsibility to preserve this magnificent inheritance for our children and for generations of Americans to come.

“May God bless all of you, and may God forever bless the United States of America.”

Make no mistake about it: he’s going to try insurrection again if he runs (and he’s gonna run).

This entry was posted in 2024 Goat Rodeo, ITMFA, The Coup Klux Klan (Republicans), The Stupid Coup. Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to The Final Vote (UPDATED)

1. Infidel753 says:

watch for Hair Füror to seek revenge upon these 7

And he’ll get it, even without trying. It’s the sane seven who will be voted out. The Coup Klux Klan is now the Party of Trump, and will allow no room for dissenters.

2. Dennis Cole says:

When you hitch your wagon to a flaming-out meteor, don’t be surprised when you arrive as a crispy critter. And the Dims blew their best chance when they decided “no witnesses.”

3. MDavis says:

When I’m thinking, even for a micro-second, that I should maybe donate to a politician who was a robber-baron hedge fund manager and has a horse elevator and dancing cars, I’m done.
    See y’all tomorrow.
    But before I go – WTF Dems!?!

4. osirisopto says:

They lived through this attempted coup, so y’know same old, same old.

5. osirisopto says:

BTW – goodbye stimulus.

6. donnah says:

I knew he’d be acquitted, but it was still a gut punch. He’s going to start his 2024 campaign in a day or so, because he misses the money funnel and adoration. He will feel vindicated and empowered all over again. He will have the support of all of his base, his new faces in Congress, and whomever else he can rally up.

Every time we close a chapter, another opens up. And he’s going to keep running the damned show.

• R White says:

As long as the dims have feckless ‘leaders’ like Schumer in control, we will never be able to join the other post-industrial societies in the 21st century. For far too often have the dims been burned by mcconnell and his motley band of morally bankrupt republicans who promise to work together but in the end obstruct any and all means of progress.

Liberals need men and women who don’t care what the likes of Politico or other worthless beltway media types think and who like republicans, are thinking two-three moves ahead and are not afraid of enacting scorched-earth set of policies.This notion by the dims of continually seeking bipartisanship while preserving the sanctity of an antiquated, corrupt institution that emboldens minority rule over the will of the majority is utter horseshit.

7. spotthedog says:

“And to my impeachment attorneys – the check is in the mail. But of course you know how bad mail service has gotten lately.”

8. StringOnAStick says:

Witnesses would have changed zero votes and made sure to slow down getting Garland in place and getting Covid relief done, which is what the struggling non political junkies care about right now. The R’s would have dragged it out in the hope that Leahy or DiFi or some other elderly D Senator becomes incapacitated, thus reprising the loss of Ted Kennedy on our ability to get anything done. The D’s have to move fast and accepted that there is no witness anywhere that could have changed enough R minds and they’d gotten as much as they could; McConnell basically said tRump was guilty in his closing comments but he was never going to budge from his jurisdiction argument and neither were enough R’s.

They know he’s guilty and they want to get rid of him though they couldn’t see a way to get from here to there without setting their precious careers on fire/get shot by Possum Hollar, so they decided to punt to the legal system. Think about it: with every new day the legal news for tRump gets worse, more corruption comes out, more militia types get arrested; it’s going to continue to build because right now is tRump’s high water mark and the wave continues to build. Strategy; how does it work?

9. purplehead says:

It’s all so depressing. I’m so sick and tired of republicans and orangeAnus. Why won’t they just go away.

10. spotthedog says:

One thing about it – if I’m a MAGAt sitting in jail due to my insurrection involvement, I’ve to to be just a little put off by, or at least contemplate, the fact that my fearless leader gets to skate away from it all so easily.

• Richard Portman says:

It might be something to think about. This would be a good opportunity to ask them what the fkk they were thinking?
      I like to see them in prison. I’m still angry.
      These people have been bullying us around for years. Them and their stupid flags.

11. R White says:

I don’t know why, but at certain times my curiosity leads me to random message boards arguing politics as a form of ‘entertainment.’ Anyway, can’t remember where, but I clearly remember a couple of so-called ‘patriots’ stating that March 4th was a date like Jan. 6th that would live in infamy. I hope they are wrong.

• purplehead says:

That’s ἐξελαύνω Day, “to march forth,” when the students at Roxbury Latin get up and march forth out of class for the day. I don’t suppose that’s what the classless MAGATs mean, though.

Been hearing about March 4 as —I’m not making this up— as the REAL inauguration of Hair Füror. Allegedly, the hotel in DC already upp’ed the rack rates for around that date, so even if it is not insurrection ii, the Trump Crime Family plans to bilk Possum Hollar again.

• Bruce388 says:

I’ve read the Q people think a law was secretly passed in the 1870s that converted the USA into a corporation. March 4th is Inauguration Day for the 19th president of the corporation, Donnie Five Chins.

And yes, Donnie’s D.C. hotel has jacked up the room rates for 3/3 and 3/4. Gotta shear those sheep.

12. Richard Portman says:

I swear to gawd the next time these people talk about “sacred constitution” and “sacred rule of law” i will resist them even more. Nothing they do is “sacred “. Liars. I don’t even have the words to describe them.

13. paul fredine says:

now’s time for the district courts in new york to step up their game, beginning with showing us the tax returns and other financials. i may be naive/stupidly optimistic but i still feel we’ve got a shot at preventing a 2024 run, not just by him but members of his whole damned family.

Speak!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s