BREAKING: First Member of Congress To Die From Covid-19

Rep. Ron Wright (R – TX) has died from the Trump-Virus. Wright reported that he was in quarantine on January 19, making it about 2 weeks following The Stupid Coup; there is no confirmation that is where he caught it, but… he had some comorbidities as a cancer-survivor still under treatment.

This entry was posted in Pandemics, The Stupid Coup. Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to BREAKING: First Member of Congress To Die From Covid-19

1. Wesley Sandel says:

The Skidmark Rebellion

2. sos says:

Thoughts and Prayers and cetera.

3. R White says:

One less oxygen thief who saw himself as a persecuted WASP in a broken society. Yay Freedumb!

4. Buttermilk Sky says:

Rep.-elect Luke Letlow (R-LA) died in December but had not taken his seat yet.

5. Redhand says:

He was 67 and in his second congressional term. At the link, this is what it says, in part:

blockquote>”Congressman Wright will be remembered as a constitutional conservative. He was a statesman, not an ideologue,” his office wrote in a statement obtained by the Morning News.

“Ron and Susan dedicated their lives to fighting for individual freedom, Texas values, and above all, the lives of the unborn.

blockquote>

I have nothing else to add,

6. Ten Bears says:

Awwwww … That’s too bad. Really. It just breaks my heart.

It’s been a year since Donna and I have been out to lunch. A year since she has been out of the house for anything other than trips to the doctors. Way things are going, well … A year since I could go to the weight-room and put the hammer down, pump out some frustrations; swim a few laps, work the bags, maybe spar a round. I have two new grand-daughters and a great grand-son I’ve yet to meet.

I don’t care. I don’t about the first one, I don’t care about this one, I don’t care about the next one. All they had to do was put on a mask. They didn’t, the were outspoken about it, they were assholes about it. Where I come from when you buy the ticket: you take the ride. No sympathy.

7. MDavis says:

Considering the attitudes of right wing politicians, even with that top-of-the-line health care, it’s surprising it took this long.