News That Will Drive You To Drink

Happy Hour News

Possum Hollar Says No to socilism!

President Handsome Joe Biden is being urged by…

“…Members of Congress and advocates are making the case that the problems plaguing rural regions exacerbated by the pandemic run so deep that a coordinated federal response is critical — a move they argue would speed up the nation’s economic recovery and boost Biden’s popularity among voters in red states. The envoy would work closely with the executive branch, especially the Department of Agriculture, which has offices in nearly every county in the U.S.”

You know, so the next Stupid Coup they will be stronger.

OK, kidding aside, Possum Hollar does have needs that have been long neglected by Republicans who expect fealty.

I have my doubts that increasing Socialism Security (I remember it being called that during the Feast of St. Ronnie) will encourage Hooterville to turn blue, but I agree that even out in East Sister Eff Arkansas, they are Americans too.

Expect wild protests from Republicans about the Deficit and from Possum Hollar that “their” money is going to the blahs in Chicago.

This entry was posted in Possum Hollar, Socialism vs Capitalism. Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to News That Will Drive You To Drink

1. antiscience says:

“East Sister Eff Arkansas”, just a hop, skip, and a jump from “West Incest, Texas”.

2. angryspittle says:

Boy howdy do they hate them some socialism as they live off socialism…..

3. Dennis Cole says:

Hey, guys! (And gentleladies), remember this?

4. MDavis says:

The first step on Social Security, allegedly, is to apply the social security tax to incomes above $400,000 per year. The gap between that and the current upper limit would then be gradually closed. It is meant to keep the earned benefits from being reduced as the funds are depleted.

• Big Bad Bald Bastard says:

Remove the cap on paycheck contributions, and the problem solves itself.

• Big Bad Bald Bastard says:

Uh, make that ‘deductions’ rather than ‘contributions’.

• MDavis says:

That’s what I was thinking, too – just remove the cap. But what I read was they were starting from the top down to $400K per year first.
        Got any ideas why do it this way?
        Speculation only on my part. The numbers in between the current cap (137,700) and that $400K number kind of define the middle class. This choice can be pitched as attempting to restore the middle class by avoiding the adding of unnecessary burdens.
        Your turn.

5. Richard Portman says:

Well maybe if they weren’t so ffing stupid and hostile. Maybe if they stop being poor misunderstood victims and martyrs for that cult and those evil money- grabbing hateful preachers that they worship. I know these people. Family, friends, and neighbors.
    They don’t like being called incestuous hillbilly retards. I don’t blame them. It is time for them to grow up. This current strategy is not working for anyone.

• MDavis says:

I resist the painting of any group with one brush. That uniform gray? It’s got a lot of different colored pixels in it. That rural area? The residents range from liberal students getting together to do a cultural experiment with there homework (stuff like “your dad’s friends with the mayor, so you write my paper and I’ll write yours. We’ll compare grades and collate the results with previous papers.” ) to that guy down the road who does target practice on a 600 yard gun range. He’s got the acreage and a chip on his shoulder. And more.
      If we acknowledge only the jerks we’ll miss the opportunities that the genius student social experimenters might come up with. Allegedly. Let’s not do that.

6. xpldagain says:

FYI that’s a photo of a 13-year-old at the top of the post. You couldn’t know. (well known school censorship case, though he’s at a banquet celebrating his victory or something in that photo).

7. sos says:

“Without further action, we risk a longer, more painful recession now — and long-term scarring of the economy later”

So THAT’S what she’s Yellen about.

8. Damn! The socialist snowplow just went past my flat! The socialist USPS delivery person has not been by yet. My sidewalk and steps are clean, so she’ll have a safe delivery if I have any mail today!