The Return of the Tan Suit!

Headlines by Committee

Look-out! Hard-hitting journalism ahead from our failed political press!

They found their new cause celebre: Handsome Joe Biden’s Peloton Bike:

Joe Biden’s Peloton bike may pose cybersecurity risk, experts warn

Joe Biden may be banned from bringing Peloton bike to White House

If Joe Biden wants to bring his Peloton to the White House, here’s what would have to happen

Biden has a Peloton bike. That raises issues at the White House.

Get ready for it, Scissorheads, the press is looking for anything to both sides.

This entry was posted in Both Sides, Our Failed Political Press, President Handsome Joe Biden. Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to The Return of the Tan Suit!

1. spotthedog says:

Good to see the journalisticators able to shift gears so quickly and easily. I hacked an old Schwinn once,,, with a hacksaw. If only there were Pelotons back in Chimpy’s day;

2. lofgren says:

I’m honestly OK with the president having a few luxuries. They’ve got a hard job, quite possibly a job that it is impossible to actually do well given how many forces are actively trying to thwart you on a given day. If Biden wants a Peloton bike, I guess he should have one.

But, also, couldn’t they just give him a regular exercise bike and a TV? Isn’t that basically the same thing?

• Isn’t the incredibly elitist, self-indulgent, regular-American-disdaining bike in question one that he already has back at home? And might like to bring to the WH? That’s what I got from reading those headline links, which I will probably not click.
      OK, I clicked the nj.com one b/c they’re my down-home news agglomerate. The way they wrote it up it’s more of a curioso human-interest tidbit than any sort of criticism. Let’s be fair.

• a metric shit-ton of people pointed out that Peloton has a $50/mo payment plan which is essentially the cost of a gym membership, and that also a metric shit-ton of actual fucking ‘Regular Joes From Scranton’ do have the scratch to afford one.

Apparently the President (only when a Democrat, naturally) is supposed to wear sackcloth and ashes and own nothing that cannot be afforded by a regular American anyone over the poverty line, unlike the absolutely ordinary middle-class prior squatter in the WH , who would of course never surround himself with costly fripperies like [checks notes] a $50,000 Golfing Simulator.

The FTFNYT should be fucking ashamed of this shit.

(also a base model Peloton does cost ~$1800. But so do a lot of the MAGAt’s AR-47 pweciouses especially when it’s their fourth or fifth one, to go i their $80K pick-me-up metal penises trucks.

• ali redford says:

Thank you. Well-spoken.

• spotthedog says:

Absolutely, what he said!

• who would of course never surround himself with costly fripperies like [checks notes] a $50,000 Golfing Simulator.

Which solidly middle-class everyday possession, I discovered yesterday, was connected to the internet so you could pretend to golf at one of many golf courses…

It’s as if the FTFNYT flipped the switch to “Democrat mode” overnight. Buckle up Scissorheads, looks like it’s gonna be another Nantucket Beltway Village Sleigh ride…

• MDavis says:

I haven’t been able to work this one out – FTFNYT. Eff the Eff? For the EFF? First to Fight? Face the Facts?
        What’s it mean?

• spotthedog says:

I’m not into the Peloton thing but whatever gets a body moving in an aerobic workout is good, certainly beats sitting on one’s ass tweeting all day. I think indoor exercise bikes like the Peloton are typically equipped with various digital bells and whistles, so the rider can monitor their cadence, heart rate, caloric output, change the resistance to simulate hill-climbing effort, do group rides, save data of prior workouts, and provide a simulated ride video, on and on etc.

I have an old racing bike set up on training rollers in my garage and a stand set up at the front to hold my laptop so I can watch youtube bike ride videos as I pedal, quite content with that. There are many such videos, just this week I have virtually biked in Colorado and Italy!

• Bruce388 says:

I found a brand-new ski machine on eBay for $350. Total body workout. Better than an exercise bike, IMHO.

It’s a spin class distributed via the net. The bikes are controlled by the trainer and they have a camera and mic so you can communicate with the rest of the class and they can see you, too. So it is exactly as a $50/Month gym membership, but with only one work out available.

3. Oh yeah and how many years did trump use his own fucking shitter tweeter machine phone that was widely thought to be vulnerable?

Can’t you see? Can’t you see? If it’s got a tablet then you can send EMAILs!!! with it. We’re doomed.

5. Jimmy T says:

Meanwhile the obvious is sneaking down the alley…

[Tengrain was here!]

6. J Roc says:

I’m sure some of the secret service guys would be happy to act as his personal trainers, and get to keep their own fitness levels up on the company time. Win win.