And Thats a Wrap

Hat tip: Scissorhead Fran.

This entry was posted in 2020 Goat Rodeo, Lord Damp Nut, The Russian Usurper. Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to And Thats a Wrap

1. Martin Pollard says:

“Our long national nightmare is now over,” to quote Gerald Ford. “It’s the end of an error,” to quote David Gerrold.

2. Jimmy T says:

One flew East, one flew West, one flew over the Cuckoo’s nest…

I really miss Ken Kesey. Used to see him at the Lane County country fair. A raconteur of the first order, and a great author…

3. spotthedog says:

Now: Public Enema Number One!

4. donnah says:

Two words: Good riddance!

5. Jimmy T says:

Had a strong cuppa Joe this morning, then breathed deep…

6. Perturbation says:

How long was it? Feels like 20 or 30 years. I don’t even know what I’m going to do with myself all day now that I no longer have to wonder WTF crazy shit the president is up to every waking hour.

I bet Biden’s Twitter feed will be utterly boring. It’ll be great!

7. Glad to be of service!

8. purplehead says:

No more doom-scrolling!

9. Bruce388 says:

This day has been a long time coming. I wasn’t sure it would ever get here, but Lord Dampnut flew to Merde a Lardo ON OUR PLANE and he can kick back and play golf. You know, what he’s been doing for four goddam years.

Lord Dampnut can also wait for the indictments.

10. laura says:

Hard earned day this. Let Us Savor!

11. julesmomcat says:

Democracy – “Welcome Back!”

12. Mary Ellen Sandahl says:

I didn’t really relax until the outdoor parts of the day were concluded. I was watching MSNBC’s live coverage (I missed the young poetess everybody’s raving over, due to taking out the recycling for pickup, but saw all the rest) – and I had to agree with Joy Reid when she said every time Joe did his sprint over to the sidelines during the Walk part of it, to say Hi to some familiar face, her heart was in her throat. I predict Imma gonna keep worrying about him, and Kamala too ,that way. When you’ve been anxious for 4 straight years, you can’t just crash all at once. Gotta come down slowly.

Kamala’s oath choked me up. Completely unexpected; I don’t tear up easily. I think it was the sudden enormity for her and my shared gender that did it.

Jumping in quickly (again, shhhE) –

Here’s the poet:

And yes, Kamala’s oath got to me too. Just thinking about all the little girls now really know that there’s nothing that they cannot do overwhelmed me. I have been lucky to have a lot of Black women in my life playing important roles and I really know that where’er they are in the great beyond, they know that they made it all the way.

Marvelous day,