Frisson on top

Imma continuing to be off-line today (at the request of friends and family), but I’m sneaking this one in because Nazi tears are delicious:

“As Mr. Trump departed the White House on Wednesday, the Proud Boys, once among his staunchest supporters, have also started leaving his side. In dozens of conversations on social media sites like Gab and Telegram, members of the group have begun calling Mr. Trump a ‘shill’ and ‘extraordinarily weak,’ according to messages reviewed by The New York Times. They have also urged supporters to stop attending rallies and protests held for Mr. Trump or the Republican Party.

“On social media, Proud Boys participants have complained about his willingness to leave office and said his disavowal of the Capitol rampage was an act of betrayal.

“And Mr. Trump, cut off on Facebook and Twitter, has been unable to talk directly to them to soothe their concerns or issue new rallying cries.”

This entry was posted in snark. Bookmark the permalink.

22 Responses to Frisson on top

1. Infidel753 says:

Loyalty based on feverish delusions isn’t worth much, it seems. I was looking at a comment thread on Gateway Pundit earlier today and a lot of them were getting mad at Trump for never warning them that QAnon was bullshit. Others were defending him, of course. The crazies are just as crazy as ever but they seem to be splintering. Maybe we can hope that, if they do get violent, it will mostly be against each other.

• Jimmy T says:

Crazy Town kinda reminds me of Roger Rabbit’s Toon Town and about as organized sans Dear Leader, who was (fortunately for us) unable to lead any sensible person anywhere. Wouldn’t be surprised if they start knocking each other off…

• MDavis says:

If they needed warning that QAnon was bullshit they’ve got bigger problems than they think they do.

2. Dennis Cole says:

From what I’ve seen, no pardons requested, and none given for neither the Proud Bois, or Daddy’s Little Girl., or the rest of the fambly, which leads me to to speculate that they soon expect to be “Untouchable,” or at lest un-extraditable.

3. Jimmy T says:

So they’re straying away in droves? YES—they’re not exactly the sharpest tools in the box, but basically they could have done a little homework (PB’s and noodling sounds like a feast for the homeless), and saved themselves some disappointment (are they smarter than a fifth grader?). Trump was never about them and was incapable of leading them forward to the 4th Reich. Trump used them for his own fleeting glorification They should have read a book or two…

Oh, TG take some time you’ve been doing yeoman’s work here. Thanks…

4. Aaaaand yet another bunch of deserving shit-fer-brainz discover that ETTD. Everything.

• Weird Dave says:

Wow. That’s the first ‘thumbs down’ I’ve ever gotten here. Was ‘Q’ here?

• spotthedog says:

Doesn’t make sense to me, I gave you a thumbs up on that one and this one just cause. Maybe an accident, if it was an infiltrator a bunch of us should have thumbs down.

• Weird Dave says:

SD, could just be an accident. But I like the idea I pissed-off a Q’ster…

• spotthedog says:

I think this is obviously a matter of “thumb fraud”, you know some of these thumb votes are mailed in, and some are cast by dead people, can you believe it?! There’s a big name lawyer who will take this to court for you, and if the case is thrown out he will just file dozens more, plus you don’t actually have to pay him! THUMB FRAUD CANNOT BE TOLERATED!!!! Let’s all gather outside Tengrain’s house before the thumb count is certified!

• MDavis says:

This quote from the post sums it up –
      “Q was a LARP the entire f—ing time,”
      What was that game where you’d get coordinates and then go meet there? Q seems to be pretty much that, only the coordinates were supposedly coded in obscure ways and when they got there they were supposed to look for signs of trafficking, and no they aren’t tittilated (is too a word) by finding a campsite where someone used ropes to but up his lean-to, why would you even think that?!?
      Like that whole Comet Pizza fiasco that re-emerged or the Satanic Panic thing reborn.
      I expect to see Q continuing. Cults don’t die just because they get caught being dumb.

5. spotthedog says:

He actually had the fools convinced he was gonna manfully strut in on their heels and start issuing commands after they barged into the capitol, they’ve had 2 weeks to absorb what most others long already knew – that he was a liar who only manipulated people to do his dirty work and could never stoop to getting his own dainty paws soiled.

Meanwhile Joe is getting down to business on day 1, already rejoined Paris Agreement.

While driving somewhere earlier today I was listening to NPR, all was fine until someone started with a “both sides”, it has become a reflexive act on my part to shut off any source of the phrase “both sides”, no thank you NPR I’ll listen to some music. Anybody with the nerve to throw out a “both sides” comment after the events of the past 4 years can chew on a big one AFAIC.

6. HarpoSnarx says:

I believe it was the New Yorker footage, where the Gravy Seals burst into the Senate’s upper gallery overlooking the floor, and they’re mockingly calling for Speaker Pelosi and one of them says, “Maybe we should form a government . . .” Although I wanted to go through the teevee at them already, that little pearl made me want to burn any MAGA banner on the block. Today helped though.

7. In a day filled with nice events and little happy bits, my favorites was this: Biden signed 17 Executive Orders, without doing the 3-point kindergarten display fan. And we could recall that the was the normal way things had been done.

8. Redhand says:

Pardon me for plagiarizing part of an email I wrote a friend today about the inauguration, but it is on-topic because of the anti-Nazi sentiments at the end. I’ll add that the “Proud Boys” can go fuck themselves. As my father used to say, they should be hunted down like dogs.

I watched the inauguration live today. It gave me hope for our country for the first time in ages. Biden has been a real politician all his life, in the better sense of the word, and even though he’s 77, I come away with the feeling that he truly is the right man at the right time to steer us through this huge public health, economic and political crisis. His speech set exactly the right tone.

You know, I’ve never been a big fan of Lady Gaga, never understood her appeal. She always struck me as a younger rip-off of Madonna, who in turn I felt was a cheap, outré rip-off of Dale Bozzio from “Missing Persons.” See below.

A real Massachusetts Italian, of Roman aristocratic stock, she says, with a real Roman nose, who to me back in the day was hot, hot, hot!

Dale definitely got my attention in the early 80s!

Anyway, where was I? Oh yeah, the inauguration and Lady Gaga.

I was a little startled when I saw that she was going to do the National Anthem. Wha!?

I have always thought of “The Star-Spangled Banner” as a notoriously difficult song to sing. You need strong pipes and a full range.

She absolutely knocked it out of the park!

Wow, what a voice! And there was unmistakable reverence in her rendition. Respect. It actually choked me up, a moment of magnificent, unashamed patriotism. (Yes, I can dare to be proud to be an American again, and hope this is a true turn away from fascism.)

• beckymaenot says:

I totally agree Rh. Her performance was moving. I teared up and so did the Mr. We were both transfixed. The entire inauguration was exactly on point. And Amanda Gorman really blew me away. “even as we grieved, we grew.” Amazing. Inspiring. For the first time in a while, I am feeling some hope for our future. After yesterday- I feel ready to meet the challenges of today.

• spotthedog says:

Great post Red! That really takes me back, 80’s music was the best. I had forgotten Missing Persons singer’s name, could never forget her look, she was definitely the prototype for Gwen Stefani/Lady Gaga.

Major fan of Missing Persons here, so this is a great diversion.

Also: they were initially produced by Frank Zappa and probably have the most socially insightful lyrics of the era.

As for Gaga, I always thought she had a strong voice but it gets lost because of her theatricals were so memorable and outrageous. When she arrived at the inauguration in that hoop skirt ensemble, I thought “Here she goes again,” but she nailed the anthem, and as you say, made it her own. I was astonished. People commented on her performance rather than one the life-sized bird she was wearing, and that’s a good thing.

Personally, I think the devolution of Pop Divas is:

Debbie Harry > Madonna > Britney

Lady Gaga might be starting a new dynasty like Debbie Harry. Everyone else is an imitator.

9. revzafod says:

Nazi tears are the most delicious tears, altho a little bitter.

10. Big Bad Bald Bastard says:

That’s what those idiots get for trusting Trump.

11. spotthedog says:

Breaking Nuuze – FRAUD! has spread to Canadian hockey!!!