Midday Palate Cleanser

Farm-to-Barrel is now a thing, I guess.

This entry was posted in cats, Palate Cleansers. Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Midday Palate Cleanser

1. Sirius Lunacy says:

Makin’ cole slaw!

2. MDavis says:

Huh! It’s an Airbender reference. Now I wanna watch Airbender..

3. Abu Scooter says:

Great job, Spot! You scared off your buddy in the back!

4. purplehead says:

Speaking of snow leopards—oh how I hate seeing them penned in, any animal penned in or caged in a zoo—

Snow leopard calling ( Footage copyright: BWCDO/Snow Leopard Conservancy) from The White Lion Foundation on Vimeo.

5. Mary Ellen Sandahl says:

That snow leopard in the wild is a leopardess letting it be known that She Is Ready, if there’s anyone around who’s man enough, you should excuse the expression, to Do Something About It.
    I wonder if female leopards are as challenging to court as female lions. Bet they are. Bet it’s a Felinity-Wide phenomenon.

• MDavis says:

So my first impulse was about right –
      “Hey, Ba-bee! Hey, Ba-bee!”

• purplehead says:

Leopardess’ in heat are quite coy and flirtatious around the males, winding around the male’s legs, plopping down in front them, raising their butts, then swatting them away. But coitus is NOT fun for either, what with the barbed peni. Ouch.
      I often watch Wild Earth safaris, which are broadcasted live, twice a day every day, from various game reserves in South Africa. A naturalist and a live-video camera-man on each vehicle. Incredible cameras. One of the places they traverse is in part of the Kruger National Park, in Djuma/Sabi Sands (the original reserve for the live broadcast that started 20 years ago, if you can believe it), which is well-known for vehicle-habituated leopards. They have been running vehicle safaris there for decades, so many of the animals are used to the Land Rovers. There aren’t many places where you can watch leopards living their lives as if you aren’t there. They are generally very elusive animals, some people never see them. But I’ve (virtually) seen mating leopards. They mate every 15-20 minutes for three or four days. What a scene! And such sounds. Poor things.

• purplehead says:

Also, the females in Africa, but I assume elsewhere since it is one species, except for the snow leopard, are about half to two-thirds the size of the males.

• Mary Ellen Sandahl says:

I’ve read, somewhere or other, that the stimulation caused by the barbs on the male’s penis is what’s needed to get the ovum to migrate into position to encounter his sperm. I’m not sure we wimpy anthropoids should presume to evaluate to sexytimes of ferocious carnivores.

Mary Ellen – I’m not going to find out.