Trump-Virus Update

Fasten your seatbelts

We need to remember we’re still in the middle of a deadly pandemic, and though all the sedition news is grabbing headlines, we are still totally eff’ed in the dark.

From the LATimes email thingie:

“As the U.S. COVID-19 death toll surpassed 350,000 on Sunday, Trump claimed the country’s fatality count toll was “far exaggerated,” an assertion that was quickly refuted by the nation’s top infectious-diseases expert. “The deaths are real deaths,” Dr. Anthony Fauci said in an ABC interview. “That’s not fake.”

NYTimes:

“Although air travel is down markedly from years past, American airports had their busiest day of the pandemic on Saturday, with 1,192,881 passengers passing through security checkpoints, according to the Transportation Security Administration.”

I noticed over the weekend that here in King County WA (SeaTac airport is here) that we are already seeing a holiday spike, but it is going to grow, just like it did after Thanksgiving, because stupid, selfish assholes wanted to go fight visit their Facebook Rage Uncles over dried-out turkey.

This entry was posted in Pandemics. Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Trump-Virus Update

1. You know, for an “exaggerated death count”, they’re sure working hard to keep up the facade. I saw an article this weekend about how funeral homes in LA County are pretty much running 24/7 these days trying to keep up. Now that’s a dedication to the hoax…

2. Also closer to home here: I believe that test: cases number is 95%??? =8-0

3. Oh FFS!

Mrs BDR just sent me this link with that very caption…

A fan running constantly venting an enclosed costume might be bad during a pandemic caused by a respiratory virus?? If only there were some people there who had, y’know, formal training in medicine around…

4. Weird Dave says:

According to the CDC, in 2019 there were 15,633 more deaths in America (2,854,838 total) than in 2018.

It will be another year before we get final figures from 2020 but we are well on track to have 420,000 (or more) Americans dead in 2020 than 2019.

Now I don’t believe all those deaths are directly from Rotten Lung Disease, but most of them are, and the rest of the excess deaths are due to medical system and care, economic, and social depression due to a novel, deadly coronavirus getting loose in my species.

5. Sirius Lunacy says:

Maybe we should give out red hats with the catchy phrase Make America Stop Killing. MASK baby!

6. beckymaenot says:

Where I live in the general area of Atlanta, I am hearing stories of hospitals unable to accommodate non-covid emergency patients. An older man from my neighbor’s church fell at his home last Sunday and the ambulance that picked him up drove around for 3 hours before BRINGING HIM BACK HOME because they couldn’t find a hospital with ER space that could take him. Tell me again how this is all a hoax?

I believe that’s been the case in Los Angeles since before Christmas, Beckymaenot.

Hospitals are on the verge of collapsing and it’s getting worse everywhere.

• beckymaenot says:

There’s been very little reporting on this here in my area. Lots of stuff about the election, only a few minutes here and there about the possible collapse of our health care system.

7. donnah says:

Hey kids, that UK strain, the faster-spreading version, is now in Colorado, California, and New York, too. The NY one is not linked to outside travel.

We’re fucked all over again.

• MDavis says:

The Mink variant.

• beckymaenot says:

donnah is right. It has happened – but with a virus allowed to be freely transmitted, I doubt any of the infectious disease folks are surprised. I’ve been saying this since July when they wouldn’t lock anyone down- everything is in place for mutation. And when it’s all said and done- they will blame it on The Biden administration and our failed political press won’t help straighten that out.

8. & in my neck of the woods, all anyone hears is when are they going to open up the bars so we can all go watch the Bills play on Saturday? Drink beer & eat free pizza & wings at halftime! & Cuomo sucks & all that. They’ll all be having house parties if the bars aren’t open so honestly, what difference does it make? You can’t fix stupid. Danse macabre, anyone?