Some Fries With Your Stupid?

Upon learning that his lawsuit to sue VP and walking termite buffet Mike Pence had been thrown out of court:

“But if bottom line is, the court is saying, ‘We’re not going to touch this. You have no remedy’ — basically, in effect, the ruling would be that you gotta go the streets and be as violent as Antifa and BLM.”

And there we have the dog whistle order to riot. Our Pals at Electoral-Vote (again):

“Gohmert and his co-plaintiffs have already said they will appeal. That said, the Congressman was also furious with the ruling, declaring that “Bottom line is, the court is saying, ‘we’re not going to touch this, you have no remedy. Basically, in effect, the ruling would be that you’ve got to go to the streets and be as violent as antifa and BLM.” At this point, we will remind readers of the text of 18 U.S. Code 2383:

Whoever incites, sets on foot, assists, or engages in any rebellion or insurrection against the authority of the United States or the laws thereof, or gives aid or comfort thereto, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

“Gohmert is known, quite famously, for being something less than the sharpest knife in the drawer. So, perhaps he does not appreciate quite how fully he’s pushing his luck here. He’ll probably get away with this behavior, just because of the downsides of going after him. But if a U.S. Attorney did decide to pursue the matter, could the Congressman be certain he would not be convicted? We dunno.”

This entry was posted in 2020 Goat Rodeo, Screwie Louie Gohmert. Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Some Fries With Your Stupid?

1. ali redford says:

I’m very uncomfortable with this. On one hand, being as violent as “antifa” and BLM should result in peaceful marching and chanting with no firearms or vandalism. But, we know better about who Gohmert’s calling out. I’m fairly certain that if I went on my local news page and wrote something similar except named whoever that group was who marched with tiki torches and some drove their cars over people-true violence-my household would have visitors wanting to talk to me about what I meant. At the least. I really feel like this needs to be stomped with consequences (like losing their seats in our legislature) so that next time they lose an election, we don’t end up with the whole country upside down.
    I’m old enough to recall when Republican representatives not only turned down a Speaker’s seat, but resigned their own seats because they couldn’t point fingers at an adulterous president since they also were adulterers (though the guy that got Speaker, well.) I still don’t understand how extramarital sex is worse than any violence, much less rebellion and encouraging rebellion. And now I’m off to write much the same to Speaker Pelosi and Leader McConnell.

2. Dennis Cole says:

Apparently some swamp-critters have been riled sufficiently to claim they’ll be demanding an audit of the results in the contested states. They’re not out-and-out denying the results, they’re just moving the goalposts a bit, by forming a “commission” to delve deeper into how the counts, and recounts, and re-recounts were conducted.
    Since this is election-related, it should be a free article, but I do believe the WaPo lets you read a few articles for free, and seeing as how it’s only Jan 2th, or 2rd, you shouldn’t have reached the limit quite yet. (Fun fact – my digital subscription is only $10 Ameros a month, about half of what my local bird-cage bottom-liner charges.)

• Ten Bears says:

I’ve been calling for an “audit” since the day after. There are serious questions about the results out of Kentucky, S Carolina and Alabama. There needs to be an audit.

• revzafod says:

Even better, if you only want the WaPo for the next year, just go to their website and find the link that offers one year for $29.

I renamed the bookmark “WaPo cancel 6 Dec 21” so I have a reminder, since I started on 8 Dec 20.

3. Dennis Cole says:

And by my estimation, once the dust settles, Biden will be our 67th or 68th Preznit.

4. Weird Dave says:

Let us not forget LDN’s lawyer, Not Insane:

This will not end well.

5. Ten Bears says:

Gosh, if the dems only had an experienced prosecutor …

If this behavior isn’t prosecuted, they will do it again.

6. spotthedog says:

We’ve seen what happens when they endlessly, relentlessly, repeat something that has no basis in verifiable factual evidence (weapons of mass destruction). The fact that they would follow Orangeturd’s lead to pursue this and the possibility, remote as it may be, that they can actually get away with it is very disturbing.