Who’s Not Essential Today

The Trump-Virus

You, that’s who!

Axios tells us that congressional staffers are getting cuts in line now, too. Also.

Congress’ attending physician informed lawmakers Monday night that two staffers in every House member and senator’s personal offices are now eligible to receive the coronavirus vaccine.

In addition, the Office of the Attending Physician is offering the vaccine to four staffers of every committee chair and every ranking committee member.

Because the people working so hard to keep you from getting $2K Ameros are more essential than you are.

This entry was posted in Pandemics, Vaccine. Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to Who’s Not Essential Today

1. YellowDog says:

The super spreaders, COVID deniers, and Randtards in Congress get the vaccine early. I guess “conservative” principles are not the hill on which they want to die. That hill is a hill like the Mount of Olives is a mountain. It’s more like a pebble that gets caught in your shoe and bothers you until you remove it.

2. purplehead says:

Damn the fuckers. I knew this would happen. They’re the ones “in charge.” On to the revolution. Guillotines. Pikes. Two-wheeled dead-carts. Hot tar and styrofoam peanuts.

• Dennis Cole says:

purp
      noun: tumbrel

tum·bril
      /ˈtəmbrəl/
      HISTORICAL

1.) an open cart that tilted backward to empty out its load, in particular one used to convey condemned prisoners to the guillotine during the French Revolution.
      2.) a two-wheeled covered cart which carried tools or ammunition for an army.

• purplehead says:

I kept trying to get that word to come out, but it was behind my coffee. “Begins with a ‘t’….’t’…’t’… No, not trebuchet, but would work, too. ‘t’ ‘t’ ‘t’ ‘t’ ‘t’ ‘t’…trum..p…’t’..’t’…’t’ Fuck it. It is a two-wheeled dead-cart, anyway. Someone will remind me. So two-wheeled dead-cart it is.” Thanks, Dennis!

• Dennis Cole says:

purp –

“…bring outcher dead! Bring outcher dead!”

• purplehead says:

(of course)

T’is the Season, Purplehead, let’s make it festive:

3. Sirius Lunacy says:

A couple weeks ago I overheard a MAGAt conversation in the grocery store parking lot in which one fellow declared “I’m not taking any damn vaccine until I know what all the side affects are!” I could not suppress my chortle and he turned around, glared at me and said “what’s so funny?” So I calmly asked him “are you a doctor or a nurse?” “No” he replied. I then asked “are you currently living in a nursing home?” “No” he replied. Than I asked ” do you make more than 300k a year or are you politically connected at all?” Again he replied “no”. So I the went on to explain that in that case he and I were so far down the list that we would both be experts on all the available Covid vaccines long before anyone would offer us a chance to actually get one.

4. Ten Bears says:

Better lab rats than me or my family. If the whole damned gubbermint gets the shot, from Mitch “the Mole” McConnell, Manchurian Senator, married to a commie chinee princess to the coffivvee boy at the congressional the doug nut shop and doesn’t turn into eye-ball eating zombies then maybe, just maybe, in July or August when my draft number comes ’round I’ll get the shot.

I know how you feel about the big-boys Ten, the advertisers and clickbaities, I feel that way too, but sometimes one of ’em gets it: (atrios) “all the hand wringing about people not wanting to get vaccinated is based on the optimistic but very wrong assumption that they couldn’t possibly fuckup the vaccine rollout.” I am sure I could not have said it better.

Seriously, no one wants to eat your eyes. That’s … unreasonable.

5. ming says:

I took my 84-year old mother in for her vaccine on Sunday night. I’m feeling pretty happy about that!

• purplehead says:

ming, I’m curious how you knew the vaccine was available for her. Did someone contact you/your Mom? Was there a community announcement?

• ming says:

It was a push message from her Insurance/healthcare providers. She has Parkinson’s, and lingering effects from childhood polio. She is also a cancer survivor. Her doctors and insurance seem to be pretty on top of it. We made the appointment and she got the vaccine (Moderna) on the same day. I am very grateful.

• purplehead says:

Wow. They do have it together. That’s very cool.