Christmas Palate Cleanser

My Work Is Done Here

Snitch. in the Ditch

Merry Christmas From MPS!

This entry was posted in Palate Cleansers. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Christmas Palate Cleanser

1. julesmomcat says:

Lemonade? LOL!
    P.S. – the calligrapher in me wonders who does their “e’s” backwards….

2. w3ski4me says:

Love them all. Merry Christmas to you Mr. Grain. And to all the Grains everywhere.
    w3ski

3. julesmomcat says:

Portraying Santa was obviously not that poor Devon Rex’s idea.
    “Hey – when do I get my treat, for putting up with this? My patience is wearing thin.”

4. Big Bad bald Bastard says:

Merry Christmas, everybody!

5. E.A. Blair says:

If Santa didn’t stop by your house last night, this may be the reason:

6. Mary Ellen Sandahl says:

Season’s Benevolent Greetings to all! Even the warped but creative humorists who are responsible for that elf stuff. May they be able to get help in 2021!

7. Redhand says:

In the Santa in the liquor store pic, I’m dying to know what “a gata marotai” means.

Re “Snitch. in the Ditch” and the mutilated Santa figure, many years ago my then mother-in-law, a true denizen of the rural South is there ever was one, gave us this horrible, plastic “craft” kewpie doll face about four inches in diameter, which she had sewed into the middle of a circular piece of embroidery. She also put magnets on the back of it so that it would be the “perfect” refrigerator decoration.

The thing was a Southern Gothic horror. Think Alfred Hitchcock’s “The Jar.” https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0394054/

Our cat thought so too. As soon as my then spouse put it on our fridge, about 2/3 of the way to the top, the cat started growling ferociously at it. She leaped three feet in the air, snagged it in her paw, and on the way down dragged it to her eye level. She then growled and hissed incessantly at the hideous, blank doll face with the twisted smile, and began to attack it with her claws.

Within about a half-hour, the dollface was literally cut to ribbons, which made its smile even more grotesque. Our cat then dragged it into the living room and continued the butchery, until I retrieved the offending object and put it in the garbage where it belonged. I could not stop laughing.

Don’t tell me cats aren’t as smart as hell!