The Stupid Coup Event Horizon Has Been Achieved

The Great and Powerful Stupid

In case the previous item was not enough schadenfreude for you greedy bastards, Tiger Beat on the Potomac (thanks Charlie!) morning middle school hall monitors have all the hot gossip on the Sedition Brain Trust with whom Prznint Stupid is meeting to plot the Stupid Coup in January:

SECOND: THE PRESIDENT is spending his final days in the White House interested in a campaign to pressure members of Congress to join a futile effort to overturn the 2020 election. At the White House on Monday, his remaining congressional brain trust gathered. In attendance: GOP Reps. MO BROOKS (Ala.), JODY HICE (Ga.), MATT GAETZ (Fla.), LOUIE GOHMERT (Texas), SCOTT PERRY (Pa.), JIM JORDAN (Ohio) and ANDY BIGGS (Ariz.), and Rep.-elect MARJORIE TAYLOR GREENE (Ga.). RUDY GIULIANI was there, as well…

GREENE — a QAnon follower who was elected a few weeks ago — tweeted a chartwith Senate Majority Leader MITCH MCCONNELL’S poll numbers, seeming to indicate that his standing improved in Kentucky after a TRUMP tweet. Axios’ JONATHAN SWAN had an item on the chart, as well.

And then another email from Tiger Beat informs us:

Rep. Mo Brooks (R-Ala.) — who is spearheading the attempt to challenge the election results in Congress next month — told your Huddle host that he organized the White House meetings, which lasted over three hours. They talked about logistics, such as what the objection language will look like, and gamed out how Pence will rule on procedural issues when he presides over the floor proceedings on Jan. 6.

But even if a senator joins the House GOP’s push to object to the election results and force a deliberation on the matter, it’s almost certain to fail: the House is led by Dems, while there’s barely any appetite for the doomed idea in the Senate GOP. As Sen. John Thune (R-S.D.) put it, the House GOP’s effort is “going down like a shot dog” in the Senate. Still, it could turn into one last Trump loyalty test. More deets from yours truly: http://politi.co/2KirzpD.

And I hope that settles any nerves that Hair Füror might pull off the coup. I mean with Screwie Louie and Prznint Stupid’s Stupidest Lawyer ™ Rudy Giuliani teamed up, how could anything work in their favor? Even if you throw in Matt Gaetz for free.

I think that composes the Stupidity Event Horizon or maybe the theoretical LDN-boson: It never has a wave, and as a particle, it appears smaller the closer you get to it.

This entry was posted in snark. Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to The Stupid Coup Event Horizon Has Been Achieved

1. Wesley Sandel says:

I’m unsure why they even bothered to have an election if they’ve already chosen their emperor.

2. YellowDog says:

AOC nailed it. The Confederacy of Dunces, who want their real Confederacy back.

3. sos says:

This flock of dodos needs Lauren “sexy mugshot” Boebert to cater their little soiree. May I suggest the semi cooked pork sliders? Big hit at the Rodeo in Rifle CO.

4. donnah says:

All of those bodies with fewer than 30 functioning brain cells among them. That’s who’s advising the disaster of a president we’re stuck with for another month.

The new and improved GOP. The party of Thorns & Cockleburs

6. buckobear says:

The upcoming House-Senate tag team: Gohmert and Tuberville !

Thanks for that! I was worried that come January there wouldn’t be anything to blog about, and now I see that my cup runneth over. (Eww, gross!)

7. Dennis Cole says:

The Coup Clutz Clan…

8. h1n1thislittlepiggy says:

McConnell is afraid one of his Senators will force a vote on Trump. As this whole debacle is destined to fail, why doesn’t a Dem Senator stand up and embrace Gohmert?

Piss McConnell off to no end and expose the rift in their “Loyal to Trump” festivities !

9. osirisopto says:

Y’know when I read the title to this post I thought “Event horizon? There’s always more stupid.”
    I was wrong and you were right, TG. The well of stupid here is so deep and steep there’s no escaping the death spiral.

10. Redhand says:

The thing that blows my mind is what kind of hellscape the Nation would become if they somehow, magically, pulled it off. Can you imagine the civil unrest and riots? The protests would rip the USA apart. The country would be in a literal civil war and become virtually ungovernable.

I guess Trump’s ultimate fantasy would be to “send in the troops” to shoot us all. Does he think he’d be able to kill everybody who opposes him? Does he want to channel Assad in Syria with Puty’s help?

My guess is he hasn’t thought that through at all. He’s focus solely on saving his own ass.

• Dennis Cole says:

Red – I can remember back in March, how I predicted an outcome eerily similar to what’s been occurring lately, and being told I was becoming a “Doomsday Dennis,” or a “Downer Denny.”

Not that I take any satisfaction in this, just as an ardent student of history, I’m amazed at how many precedents there are for what’s happening all around the world right now, while at the same time, so much of it is UNprecendeted.