Midday Palate Cleanser

Muffin found the catnip stash you ordered for Christmas.

This entry was posted in cats, Palate Cleansers. Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Midday Palate Cleanser

1. purplehead says:

Oh no, that’s terrible. If kitty tried to clean off that shit, there would be some horrible consequences. Not funny. I hope the catslaves caught it in time.

• Mary Ellen Sandahl says:

I agree. Only funny-looking, not funny. Styrofoam is one of the worst things ever inflicted upon the world environment by the petrochemical industry. When exposed to heat or acids it releases toxins, which is why it can’t be microwaved. There is also significant danger of choking and gut obstruction.
      And speaking from experience, I can testlify that trrying to clean up those staticky little balls off ordinary surfaces can be fiendishly hard. Off a llve, wriggiing cat – all I can think of would be vacuuming with a vac that had an interior dust bag, and then disgarding the whole bag (which in my locality would be illegal – we’ve got laws against getting many types of plastic, including styrofoam, into the regular garbage).

• ming says:

A bath would break the static cling. Kitty couldn’t hate it worse than the vacuum.

• Boris says:

Try a FlowBee on minimal setting…

• Mary Ellen Sandahl says:

Replying to Ming here on the technical subject of handling styrofoam pellets. If you’ve had some success using water to clean up styrofoam – from a pet or anything else! – I’d love to learn the technique.
        We have a couple of folks renting in our Victorian-era house, and I’m the chief recycling person for the household. We’re very lucky to live in an area where styrofoam can be recycled with other plastics, but those pellets defeat the system. One of our renters had a pellet filled beanbag chair that sprang a leak in the back yard. My attempts to use water to get the damn things off everything they stuck to were pretty much a failure. Bathing the poor cat might get the pellets of his/her fur, but then you’d have a sink or tub full of them, so your job wouldn’t be over. Amything you use to gather them up – your hand, a towel, any kind of scoop or other tool – will be coated with them. The stuff is a disaster.
        I guess this is a rant. That photo triggered me!

2. Sirius Lunacy says:

The abominable snow kitty! Or is it Frosty the snow kitty?

3. artahzen says:

Shine on, you crazy diamond!

4. There will be little styrofoam balls showing up in that building for centuries to come.

5. Dennis Cole says:

Not exactly bejeweled or bejangled with bling, but I still had a ball.

6. spotthedog says:

Connecting the dots.

7. julesmomcat says:

“Rats! It’s a static thing!”

8. FELINE MAMA says:

“Think this is funny, human.????
    You have, ah, how many lives ???? WE have, ……………….!!!!!!!!!
    Sooooooonnnn!!!”

9. donnah says:

I enjoy those chocolate nonpareil candies, but that one looks a little weird.