Sunday Palate Cleanser

🎶 STOP! In the name of love… 🎶

This entry was posted in Palate Cleansers. Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Sunday Palate Cleanser

1. Dennis Cole says:

“Friends, rodents, countrymen, let’s get some beers!
    I come to bury tRump, not praise him;
    The evil that men do lives after them;
    The good is oft interred with their bones;
    So let it be with The Donald. The noble Biden
    Hath told you tRump was ambitious:
    If it were so, it was a grievous fault,
    And grievously hath Hair Füror answer’d it.

Here, under leave of Biden and Harris–
    For Biden is an honourable man;
    So are they all, all honourable men (and women,)–
    Come I to speak in the sore loser’s funeral.
    He was NOT my friend, unfaithful and unjust to me:
    But Biden says he was ambitious;
    And Biden is an honourable man.

He hath brought many scalawags to the Beltway,
    Whose ransoms did their pockets and wallets fill:
    Did this in the MHSG seem ambitious?
    When that the poor have cried, The Donald hath laughed;
    Ambition should be made of sterner stuff:
    Yet Biden says he was ambitious;
    And Biden is an honourable man.

You all did see that in the House of Reps
    They impeached him, a kingly klown,
    Which he did more than thrice refuse: was this ambition?
    Yet Biden says he was ambitious;
    And, sure, he is an honourable man.
    I speak not to disprove what Biden spoke,
    But here I am to speak what I do know.

Not all did love him once, not without cause:
    What cause withholds you then, to not mourn for him?
    O judgment! thou art fled to brutish beasts,
    And men have lost their reason. Bear with me;
    My heart is far from the coffin there with Hair Füror,
    And I must pause till it come back to me.

• Whilst I can appreciate the sentiment…[Inigo mode] That speech…I do not think it means what you think it means….[/Inigo mode]

Marc Antony wasn’t hailing Brutus in that speech, he was condemning him as a betrayer acting only in his own interests in assassinating Julius Caesar, not for the Republic; this is possibly the most shade ever thrown by one character at another in a Shakespeare play ever.

And note the rest of the play concerns the civil war that rips the Republic asunder and leads (historically) to the establishment of the Empire, and a long line of despotic autocrats.

Honestly, I feel Caligula is a far better analogy to the Mango Mussolini anyway….a Clown Caligula, an Idiot Amin, full of sound and fury, signifying…nothing, but his insatiable ego and bottomless greed.

(to mangle yet more of the Bard…)

• Dennis Cole says:

No, I’m aware of what you’re saying, I just thought I’d play around with it, and the fact that WE were betrayed by the DNC, when they foisted Joe on us, is why I ran with it. And we’ll just have to wait and see what Joe does, because I’m a firm believer in “When they SHOW you who they are, you better believe them.”
        And a friend on FB, looking at his Cabinet picks, commented, “Well, it looks like we’re gonna have us some Blackbush 3.0 for the next 4 years.”

• lofgren says:

Parody… I do not think that word means what you think it means.

• Mary Ellen Sandahl says:

Actually responding here to your later remark that Biden was thrust upon us (I assume that means “us Democrats”) – I’m no party-procedural nerd, but I was under the impression that Joe was but one of a large, often talented, and various field of contenders back then. Don’t see where the “forcing” from the Committee comes into it. Unless we suppose that James Clyburn was acting as a DNC operative?
      Could someone explain the “Blackbush 3.0” reference? Thanks in advance.

• Dennis Cole says:

Mary Ellen – going into the Super Tuesday primaries, Biden was 30 pts down in the polls. (Yes, we all know how accurate those polls are, but it was trending that way for weeks.) It was looking like a tight race between Bernie & Liz and I forget who else, when, all of a sudden, even before all the votes were tabulated, Biden was the clear winner, coming out 30 points AHEAD of the pack!
        And pretty much all Obummer did was a continuation of Bush’s policies, as far as the wars, and foreign affairs, etc., so we’ve been calling him “Blackbush.” And since Biden is nominating so many retreads from that debacle, we get “Blackbush 3.0,” since Obummer got two terms, and this will be his third.
        TPTB want you to think you have a choice; in Europe, they have as many as 5 or 6 different political parties, so they have more of a chance of electing someone “offbeat,” or who doesn’t follow in lockstep with The Establishment.

• Dennis Cole says:

I think I recall Kamala as being the third-place long-shot, and I hope you can remember how she ran Joe down repeatedly in the debates. So now they’ve made up, and it’s all unicorns and rainbows.

Blecch!

2. julesmomcat says:

DC – excellent adaptation; Caesar is obviously tRump’s inspiration. May he meet the same fate.

• Dennis Cole says:

Jules – it just popped into my mind: squirrels are rodents, and he looked like he’s giving an oration worthy of Shakespeare, so I just had to google Marc Antony’s famous speech, and put mine own special twist on it. I was gonna stop after the first line, but then I decided to take the plunge, as it were. Thanks!

3. sos says:

You’re sure he’s not hailing a taxi?

4. lofgren says:

Are you men or are you mice? Squeak up!

5. donnah says:

Nutsy confidently throws his first frisbee in competition.

6. Sirius Lunacy says:

How many whole acorns can you stuff in your cheeks at one time?

7. MDavis says:

This whole post and thread is squirrely.