RIP, Henri Le Chat Noir est Mort

tous sont dévastés… mais il est maintenant libre.

2020 is a bitch.

(Hat tip: Scissorhead Moeman)

This entry was posted in Dead Celebrities. Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to RIP, Henri Le Chat Noir est Mort

1. MDavis says:

Alas, the world is a sadder place today.
    May Henri and Jupiter find comfort and joy together in the next world.
    May their cat doors always be open and the whipped cream always be real whipped cream.

2. donnah says:

I just took my beautiful Fiona to the vet today for what turned out to be a bladder infection. She isn’t famous or comically inclined, but she’s the sweetest and prettiest cat we’ve ever shared a house with. Even the vet assistant said, “I want to keep her! She’s purred the whole time!” Everyone who visits us falls under her spell.

So she got an antibiotic and she should be recovering, but she’s an old girl and we just hope she’s going to well and back to her sweet self soon. Losing a beloved pet is devastating, and it’s even worse during the holidays,

• MDavis says:

I hope she does well. Losing pets has always been devastating to me, and I have dumped “friends” who thought it was strange. No room for people with that attitude.

We wish the lovely Fiona a long a happy life (and rejoice that as a cat she has so many of ’em!). Get well, kitty!

• ali redford says:

Get well, Fiona! Get all your rest, and drink the water!
      Hugs to you, donnah. We lost our little old doggy on Easter Monday, and it’s still fresh, some days. But, of course, the cats are superior… 😊🐱‍🏍

3. spotthedog says:

Who is this?!? A cat, of all things; apparently intelligent, pensive, self-aware, proud, aloof, and somewhat depressed, thinking in French?! Intriguing. I suppose next I will find out the cat was playing the piano in the video soundtrack, I know they can do that because I saw another cat actually play piano on youtube.

And now he’s gone?! Au revoir, monsieur Henri.

• MDavis says:

Henri had retired in the last couple of years. He was regularly featured in videos like the one here. They were all odd, understated thing with English subtitles, with Henri always playing the straight, er, straight-cat for whatever inner dialog his people ascribed to him.
      He will be missed.

Spot –

Henri retired from the internet, oh, maybe a decade ago. He and “the thief film maker” made 17 movies, all existential ennui. Absolutely worth seeking out, but I suggest not binging. Each is an emerald to be treasured.

4. donnah says:

Thanks, friends. She’s really special.

5. donnah says:

Here’s a link to my sweet girl

6. Redhand says:

Henri, the Camus of Cats! I loved his trip to the vet. He will be missed.