Ah, Texas (Revisited)

SCOTUS Blog does really good work. Pennsylvania has put Gritty on counsel, because that rebuttal was brutal.

UPDATE 1: 106 Members of Congress don’t want a democracy. Any of ’em yours? Let them know what you think.

This entry was posted in 2020 Goat Rodeo, Texas, America's Lab for Bad Policy. Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to Ah, Texas (Revisited)

1. Sirius Lunacy says:

Since the electoral process is SO obviously corrupt in this country I’m sure those 106 members of congress are willing to give up their seats until we can straighten this all out, right?
    (I’m not putting ant quatloos on that)

2. AZ AG fucking shithead Brnovich filed a fucking Amicus brief … for texass. because we live in dumbfuckistan.

• ming says:

Can’t like that, but I feel you anguish BDR.

• R White says:

Moving forward, it would probably help if the worthless beltway media would stop giving so much free publicity to these whiny redneck a**holes whose grievances are nothing more than establishing the never-ending continuity of their white hegemony. I’m not betting on this one.

3. artahzen says:

Two of these pudding penises are from California! I will be in contact with their offices.

4. osirisopto says:

Shorter: Pennsylvania to Texas…

5. Steve-O says:

I would really love the 329 other members of the house to tell those 106 to shut the fuck up.

6. I get a Mad magazine song parody vibe from this. Sedition, sung to the tune, Tradition from Fiddler on the Rood.

7. MDavis says:

I think I counted 4 from Washington, but I haven’t lived there for years. None from my state which I find surprising and invigorating. I don’t see why we should let constituency affect our alleged standing to pressure these congressmen – they didn’t let standing stop them from their whining.
    What did it take to get judges to start slapping Orly Taitz with sanctions to get her to quit that bs? This is, I hope, I really hope, a more time constrained deal then her obsession, so maybe the current judges are just hoping the madness will stop soon. I do wish they would start taking steps to make it stop.
    Here’s more nutjobbery, BTW –

I only saw 2 from Eastern WA, you know, Idaho’s suburb. And one of ’em was Cathy McMorris Rogers, so hardly shocking.

• MDavis says:

I just skimmed looking for my current state. Noticed Washington because I once lived there. I might have skimmed the same page twice. I assumed it was Eastern, although I wouldn’t rule out the coast.

• The Arizona GOP Chairperson in Khemtrails Kelli Ward, who was too batshit to beat Martha McSally in the primary for McSally’s first losing Senate race…

Whereupon the state Republican party elected her chair….

Two of AZ’s vaunted GOP delegation (Andy Biggs and Debbie Lesko) joined in the Sedition Parade, amazingly Paul Gosar didn’t.

8. saveusfrompotus says:

I’m from Alabama and it looks like Congresswoman decided to forgo becoming a laughingstock some day in the very near future.

• R White says:

True, but the derp embodied by Mo Brooks continues that rich tradition of alabamians sending their dumbest and dullest of citizens for representation and overall mockery.

9. ali redford says:

Well, I wrote mine; he joined. He was a good state treasurer, especially for a Republican in Kansas, but of course it doesn’t take KS Republicans long to start carrying water for the national Republican party, which generally ruins their careers other than they’re assured they’ll keep their KS seats. B-heads.

At serious risk of sounding repetitious, I may not be a lawyer BUT I have stayed at a Holiday Inn a time or two did take Business Law 101 back in my college days. My Business Law Professor would have had a heyday with the following quote from the Georgia response.

ARGUMENT

I. Texas lacks standing.

Texas lacks Article III standing to pursue its claims. Texas alleges two types of injuries—a direct injury to the State and a supposed injury to its Electors, whom Texas seeks to represent in a parens patriae capacity. Neither is cognizable.

Parens Patriae [Latin, Parent of the country.] A doctrine that grants the inherent power and authority of the state to protect persons who are legally unable to act on their own behalf.

In all honesty, this is farging insane shit.