A Sucker Bet

“Noooooooo!”

New York Attorney General Letitia James:

“The vast majority of legal scholars have indicated that [Prznint Stupid] cannot pardon himself. What he could do is step down and allow Vice President Pence, to pardon him. I suspect that he will pardon his family members, his children, his son-in-law, and individuals in his administration as well as some of his close associates. And then I suspect, at some point in time, he will step down and allow the vice president to pardon him.”

Lord Damp Nut likes to break stuff and wreck things, I think he will try to pardon himself first and see if it works, and if it doesn’t, then Pence will play the role of hapless Gerald Ford.

This entry was posted in 4th Reich, Lord Damp Nut, The Russian Usurper, Mike Pence, the Walking Termite Buffet. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to A Sucker Bet

1. Sirius Lunacy says:

I think you’re right TG. And Trump also doesn’t like being told YOU CAN’T. So he will likely pardon himself. He also likes to believe his own lies, so there’s a decent chance that he won’t let Pence pardon him because that would mean he’d have to admit that he can’t pardon himself. So it’s entirely possible that he will be dragged off to jail while insisting that he can’t go to jail because he’s been pardoned. (at least that’s how I dream it)

2. Dennis Cole says:

I have no doubt he will pardon himself, claiming his powers under Article II allow him “To do whatever I want, as Preznit.” Even despite the possibility of many of his aides telling him he can’t, and that accepting his own pardon is tantamount to an admission of guilt.

And the only thing he could possibly be guilty of is being the Victim of a vast conspiracy to deny him sainthood, er, at least another term as prez during which he would have tried to cement himself as Dictator-in Chief for life.

3. purplehead says:

I’d bet Daddy Pence wouldn’t want to pardon Orange Anus because that would really wreck whatever slim chance he’d have of running for prez in 2024. I don’t think he’s very popular in the cult.

Well now of course the logical thing to do would be for LDN to mass pardon his co-conspirators followed by his resignation then Pence’s pardon. But that would be logical. Let us pray that Sydney Powell represents LDN in front of the Supremes.

5. CalicoJack says:

Howdy y’all!
    Unfortunately (?) Trump has a very difficult choice to make and one that is fraught with uncertainty. First, if he pardons himself, he won’t know whether it is legal or not until he is charged with a federal crime and he appeals on the basis of the pardon. Only then, as I understand it from the talking heads on the TV, will the courts rule on the legality of the self pardon. If he is never indicted, then there is no test of the legality of the self-pardon. So, he can pardon himself and take a chance that the GOP stacked federal judiciary will back his play sorta similar to the way they backed his election stealing gambit, know what I mean?

Second, he could resign — very difficult for a narcissist to do — and let Mother Pence pardon him. But, Mother might not pardon him, right? He isn’t legally obligated to do so. If he wants to screw Trump, and who doesn’t at this point, skipping out on the pardon agreement would be the perfect way to do it.

If I were a gambling person, which I’m not, I guess I’d bet on Mother, but, it is a chance he’s taking. What has their relationship really been like? How much does Trump trust Mother to do what he says he’ll do? Inquiring minds want to know.

Huzzah!
    Jack

• sos says:

Wouldn’t your plans concerning Mother Pence boil down to “Cut me Own Throat Pence”? The MAGAts would go medieval on his ass.

• CalicoJack says:

Howdy SOS!
        Maybe they would at least at first, but four years is a long time. Mother believes that god wants him to be president. Trump is his path to that office. Refusing the pardon would help ensure that Trump may be convicted and unable to run for office. It’s a calculation to be sure, but one that is not outside the realm of possibility, especially, if one is motivated by destroying Trump as Mother just might be.

Huzzah!
        Jack

6. Dennis Cole says:

Jack – everyone has skeletons in their closets. So, to me, it all depends on them rattlin, tattlin bonez that come crashing out into daylight, if someone were to inadvertently leak to the press, er open the wrong door at an importune time.

7. Ten Bears says:

What purplehead said: Pence doesn’t have to pardon it, once its resignation is in hand.

Yeah, yeah, Jack said it too: all Pence has got to do is maintain that wooden smile long enough to get drumpf uck’s resignation in hand and then “bailiff, do as you wish!”

I’m guessin’ that’s what drumpf uck thinks too.

8. Kiwiwriter says:

I can see two reasons why the Bloated Yam won’t beg Pence for a pardon.

He would be admitting guilt.
    He would have to resign as president.

His ego couldn’t take that.