The War on Women Will Continue

Four out of Five Men Agree that there is no War on Women

Axios morning email thingie tells us that President-elect Handsome Joe Biden has already made history:

President-elect Biden, who had women as campaign manager and top strategist, yesterday named an all-female senior communications staff, and has settled on a diverse economic team after unveiling historic choices for national security…

• Biden said in a statement: “I am proud to announce today the first senior White House communications team comprised entirely of women.”
  • See bios of the team.

But he was not finished making history:

Axios’ Hans Nichols reports that in addition to former Fed chair Janet Yellen, who’d be the first female Treasury secretary, Biden plans to announce:

• Labor economist Cecilia Rouse, dean of the Princeton School of Public and International Affairs, as chair of the Council of Economic Advisers — the first woman of color to hold the job.
  • Neera Tanden, president and CEO of the left-leaning Center for American Progress, to head the Office of Management and Budget — the first woman of color to hold that job.

How many Quatloos do you want to wager that the Republicans are not going to let a bunch of Skirts tell ’em what to do? I know, suckers bet.

Team Evil are already laying down their markers on the table:

Many wags on Twitter observed that Handsome Joe can name Tanden to be acting OMB Director, afterall that was good enough for Team Evil during the 4th Reich.

This entry was posted in War on Women. Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to The War on Women Will Continue

1. Martin Pollard says:

Handsome Joe can also use a little-known provision in the Constitution to forcibly adjourn Congress (due to the House and Senate unable to agree on something something gazpacho) and name them all as recess appointments. He’s no dummy.

OMG. They’re blindsiding Gawd hisself. Where are the prophets?

3. beckymaenot says:

It’s true- Biden knows his way around the rules. I’m going to put my money on Biden’s team of actual competence. I was having a conversation with my fellow Biden supporter re: all of the things 45 has broken inside our government- and my comment was we don’t even know a little bit about what all has been gutted- and that is my worry. My concern that Trump’s destruction has been far greater than we can know right now- because everything is still under his administration. Once Biden and his team actually start seeing the wreckage- I do hope they will be vocal about what is broke, who is to blame, and what they are doing to fix the damage. Prosecute what is criminal and publicize what is not.

• MDavis says:

Publicizing what was broken when they get there is a decent idea, as is recording it for posterity and putting the record (and copies) in a safe place(s).
      The initial publicity would be, to a certain cohort, misconstrued. Likely they’ll accuse Biden’s team of trying to cover up his failures (the time machine effect) or laying the groundwork for malfeasance planned. After all, that is what their guy would do.

4. w3ski4me says:

Acting heads of government and Presidential Orders were the meat of Donnie’s admin. I suppose now the rethugs will find some way to make that unlawful as it was all the time. By right of “it worked for them”, they have a lot of comeuppances ahead.
    I am tired of Democrats playing nice in a hand to knife fight.
    Go for the jugular and the knees.
    w3ski

• beckymaenot says:

I feel the same way W3. I am sick and tired of the Democrats acting as if the Republicans are operating in good faith. They aren’t and they haven’t for a really long time. It’s time to start getting real about this because if the Dems continue failing- more people are going to be hurt. 270,000 dead is the result of bad faith actors. It’s time those acting in bad faith paid what is due.

• MDavis says:

Shoulders are a good follow up to the knees.

5. MDavis says:

Kaylee Mcniny (sp -whatevs) is claiming LDN did it first, has all women in certain positions.

6. Ten Bears says:

It wasn’t that long ago. Just 4 years. The plan was to lose, start up a ‘news’ network to rival ‘sellout’ Fox and make billions just like the TV preachers grifting the rubes off 4 or perhaps 8 years of Clinton Hate. Now it’ll be billions just like the TV preachers grifting the rubes on 4 or 8 (or 12!?) years of Kamala Hate.

Nothing has fundamentally changed.