Today’s PSA

UPDATED: The CDC is now advising that no one travels for Thanksgiving

Travel

Travel may increase your chance of getting and spreading COVID-19. Postponing travel and staying home is the best way to protect yourself and others this year.

If you are considering traveling for Thanksgiving, here are some important questions to ask yourself and your loved ones beforehand. These questions can help you decide what is best for you and your family.

• Are you, someone in your household, or someone you will be visiting at increased risk for getting very sick from COVID-19?
  • Are cases high or increasing in your community or your destination? Check CDC’s COVID Data Tracker for the latest number of cases.
  • Are hospitals in your community or your destination overwhelmed with patients who have COVID-19? To find out, check state and local public health department websites.
  • Does your home or destination have requirements or restrictions for travelers? Check state and local requirements before you travel.
  • During the 14 days before your travel, have you or those you are visiting had close contact with people they don’t live with?
  • Do your plans include traveling by bus, train, or air which might make staying 6 feet apart difficult?
  • Are you traveling with people who don’t live with you?

If the answer to any of these questions is “yes,” you should consider making other plans, such as hosting a virtual gathering or delaying your travel.

It’s important to talk with the people you live with and your family and friends about the risks of traveling for Thanksgiving.

If you do travel

illustration of people at an airport social distancing and using hand sanitizer

The CDC has released Thanksgiving guidelines —please read them.

And here’s some related good news:

That makes it FREE on Thanksgiving.

[Pasting this on top because, d’uh. Fresher posts below, if any.]

This entry was posted in Pandemics, Thanksgiving. Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Today’s PSA

1. ming says:

Zooming together does not mean the same thing it did when I was in college.

2. donnah says:

We’re down from the usual 16 family members to just four: my husband, my mom, myself and my husband’s mom. Our sons aren’t coming, either, which breaks my heart. I told my MIL, who is 91 and has onset dementia, that there will only be just us and she was crushed. We told her that already, but she doesn’t remember. My mom, 85, accepts the new restrictions, but she’s sad, too. No one likes this, no one wants it, but if we want to get past this nightmare, we have to abide by the rules and deal with it.

I never thought it would be this bad, but I’ve stayed fairly isolated so these moms will be safe. I’m not quitting now.

3. skinnydennis says:

I’ll be dead for Christmas
    You can cry for me
    Please have snow and mistletoe
    Place my casket by the tree

Christmas eve will find me
    Where the light not gleams
    I’ll be home for Christmas
    If only in your dreams

I’ll be dead for Christmas
    You can cry for me
    Please have snow and mistletoe
    Place my casket by the tree

4. revzafod says:

From America” Finest News Source:
    Mom Completely Understands That Coming To Thanksgiving Is Risky And That You Don’t Love Her Anymore

5. spotthedog says:

Rudy’s bringing the gravy, made it himself!

6. skinnydennis says:

Kids staying at their homes, we’re planning on sharing dishes via front porch drop-offs. Then Zooming during eating.

Speak!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s